• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

17mm-55mm + 55mm-250mm on 60d

Hi guys. I know a lot of you will have different opinions but here is my situation
I have a 60D which is a 1.6 crop sensor so a 17-55 lens would actually be a 27-88 on my camera. This is good for a wide shot, medium shot and close up(27,50,85) and a 55-250 would be 88-400 on the 60D
This would be good for close up, extreme close up and far away shots(88,135,200+) so I know. Oth these lenses together cost around $250-300 and I think I should get it. My situation is I needed it for a job to take pictures of eroding houses for 12 bucks an hour on the sky meaning I use wide shot then use zoom lense for close up. So these are both IS lenses and I know they are good for this purpose. My real question is is it good for filming if I keep it at one focal point for that shot? I have a company that supplies me with all the LED light kits I can use and they are very good and expensive so lighting is not a problem. Would the quality be great with these light kits making up for terrible f-stop? If not what's the best lenses in your opinion for this situation and under 300 bucks of you agree with me that this is the most versatile and great for what I already own meaning lighting and for the picture job say you agree :) look forward to hearing your opinions!

Back