Crew Call: Psychological Thriller (Summer 2014) (MD)

Hi There,

This posting is to recruit willing crewmembers for a series of Summer 2014 film shoots for my upcoming feature-length Psychological Thriller entitled "Soul Fray". The Film will be primarily shot in rural Western and Southern Maryland, though select scenes may require a little bit of travel. Shoots will take place almost entirely after dark (again, some exceptions for earlier scenes in the film). My close friend and I have drafted this piece again and again and again for almost 8 years now, and have finally decided that it is ready for production. But we need help!

- PLOT DESCRIPTION: -

By daylight, Lake Miraton is a charming vacation spot; swimming, hiking, old-fashioned living and the like. It is the perfect place to spend a golden summer's afternoon. But as the sun sets on the renters of cabin 204, they begin to notice that the night brings out something different in the lake. As a malevolent darkness rises up around them, five youths are suddenly forced into a battle for their own survival. Strangers become friends, while friends become enemies. Until the sun rises again, nobody will be safe. Can the five of them last that long?

---------------------------------

The Message: Fear the Unknown
The Themes: Survival; Dangers of Cynicism

We are prepping for auditions now, and we will be casting the film starting in April. All expenses are coming out of my own pocket, so unfortunately this will not be a paid gig. But it will build connections, help with networking, put you in contact with acting talents that you can then re-contact and use in your own gigs, and solidify additional experience on set that you can later use to your advantage on a resume. In addition, we will pitch in to help with gas money, and feed those that appear on set- so at least it won't COST you anything (except time) to help out! And as a final added bonus, you will receive a credit on imdb when the film reaches the distribution stage.

As the schedule will be made based upon the acting talents' availability, obviously not every crew member can make it to every shoot. This is totally understandable, which is why we need to have several hands on deck to fill in the gaps! If you are interested in helping out and live somewhere between Baltimore and Washington D.C. (or close enough that you describe yourself as living in that area), please send contact information to the following email address:

soulfraycasting@gmail.com

I promise it'll be an enriching experience; we will be as professional as we can economically afford to be, and this process is sure to be all kinds of fun!

Thank you, in advance, for anyone who replies.

Sincerely,

Tim Goodell
Actor-Director
soulfraycasting@gmail.com

May be helpful to others if you specified whether accommodation will be provided for crew or if they would need to pay for that themselves - given the vacation spot location.

Hmmm.. somebody who responded to one of my messages last year and then totally ignored me. I will pass on volunteering my time, but good luck with your endeavor.

burning-bridge.jpg

May be helpful to others if you specified whether accommodation will be provided for crew or if they would need to pay for that themselves - given the vacation spot location.

To clarify, based on IndiePaul's recommendation, these shoots will be less than 5 hours at a stretch (single-day shoots), shot non-consecutively over the course of the summer. As with many films, the so-called "lake" location will actually be several different locations shot in such a way as to look like they are one set location. We are going to be shooting in Annapolis, Glen Burnie, Laurel, Odenton, and a few other select locations in central Maryland, all of which are very close together and smack between Baltimore and Washington. Any shoots that take place further from these locations have yet to be discussed. If we need to establish accommodations at any point, we will make sure that the arrangement is free of charge to crew; however, I don't foresee said accommodations being necessary. These are, for the most part, strictly in-and-out shoots. Show up, film, go home. And, as mentioned, the exchange for your time will be food, gas money, experience, and an imdb credit.

If the shoots are too far from you to be worth the drive, by all means, disregard them completely! This posting is primarily to recruit extra hands who are already in the aforementioned area and have a little bit of free time to come pitch in.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back