• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Feature: Bad Signs

I've started production on my first feature, Bad Signs. A little scary but really exciting! I'm lucky enough to be shooting on a Red Epic. The footage so far has been incredible... I'm in love with this camera! We've shot one week, then taking a few off (scheduling) before coming back and finishing the rest of the film. It's ultra (ultra) low budget, but I'm lucky to have a lot of really talented people on board. Philip Anderson is the DP.

The PG13'ish movie follows Joe and his group of sign holder friends as they fight to keep their jobs when an 'evil' agency comes into town. The movie is a comedic mockumentary from Portland, OR and features a cast of both local actors and LA talent. We have a few really oddball cameos in the film (Ron Jeremy, Tonya Harding, a Baldwin and a few others) as well as potentially a bigger actor or two in larger roles.

Here's a few stills from the actual footage (rough CC right now):

Ronnie01.jpg

Becky01.jpg

You can check out a really early spec trailer we did to show the basic gist of the concept, but the trailer was very early, shot on SLR's, etc (the actual movie is much stronger).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5T9WzHBOGY

This is just a quick, early update. I'll update more as we move along through production. Thanks!

Chris Wilson
http://www.badsignsmovie.com/index.html

We tracked her agent down and pitched the concept of the movie. The agent liked it and set us up with a lunch meeting with Tonya. She liked us and the concept and signed up!

Ah, I guess my question was more like, "Why Tonya Harding in particular." Not how'd you sign her up, afterwards.

Ah, I guess my question was more like, "Why Tonya Harding in particular." Not how'd you sign her up, afterwards.

Haha, yeah... we had an interesting idea for something she could play, plus we like having an oddball cast with intriguing people on board.

"What they need is a good ol' fashioned face fistin!!!"

Funny Line ^^^

Anyway, the trailer looks great, even though like you said, it was just a concept trailer... you still could've pulled off this with those cameras.

Lucky you got to work with a Red

I'm happy to announce that co-founder of Liberty Tax, Danny Hewitt has joined forces with our team. From famed Hewitt Enterprises, Danny is also an owner of Aarrow Advertising, the leading sign spinning company in the country that has been featured on The Office, Southpark and a ton of media outlets! We're thrilled to have him on board and what it can mean for the scope of the project! Was happy to see Danny and Liberty Tax on their ringing of the NASDAQ stock market opening bell this morning! Congrats to them!

http://www.badsignsmovie.com/bad-signs-blog.html

Here's a few other shots from the film, including a piece from Tonya Harding's scene. We've happy to have added in Adrienne King (Friday the 13th) and a Baldwin brother, who is playing himself in what's become my favorite scenes of the film! We're shooting all through October. Can't wait to get back on set!

Tonya01.jpg

Katie01.jpg

Back