• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace

If anyone knows any reason why this commercial should not be submitted...

Here's the 'final' version of my superbowl commercial! All color correction/fx have been done.

Please, please let me know if/how I can tweak anything to make it better. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYhM8SOTx74
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYhM8SOTx74

Thanks to everyone for your input so far, it's been super helpful :D

You sure like your BandW I see

:huh:

I think that commercial is neater than a really organised desk

That said, Pepsi Max is a god awful drink and I cannot and will not support anything that encourages people to drink it...

Why thank you. But you gotta vote for it at least once! c'moooooonnnnn :P

Thanks :) And thanks for the tip on what to cut. You were totally right, we didn't need to see her walk all the way up.

You better thank those who you stomped all over to get to the top.

Women don't stomp, we float ;)

Looks good, submit away!
Brilliant work, Dready.
Nice job on the fridge side and transition in.
The whole thing is very cool and smooth. Great work.

-Thanks-

Thanks so much guys! I couldn't have done it without you! When I win, there'll be a round of Premiere Memberships, on me :)

Thanks, wheat!

I still haven't submitted yet. When I got to the form, I realized they wanted a title and description. I don't want to rush one single step of this.

Here's what I've got so far, but I think it could be better (apologies/many thanks to Buddy):

Title: Always Pepsi MAX
Description: Always new. Always unique. Always refreshing. Always Pepsi MAX.

Or should it be less of a tagline and more of a pitch to the judges? Whad'ya think?

I would say that you should go with less of a tagline. Pepsi have got all their tagline sorted, and if they asked for taglines then they would all be very similar. I'm guessing that they want you to say why your ad epitomises their product...etc.

And the same goes for title. Probably.

In the guise of Pepsi Max, I'm not sure that variation would be the best tag (At the time I didn't know it was a new product, or that they provided a product image to work with, plus.. I don't even know what Max is.), and I agree with Nick, if they aren't asking for a tag, then best not to provide one, certainly not on the footage itself.

As far as a title, that's a rough one. You could use the tag as a title "Always new, always refreshing, always Pepsi- Pepsi Max" to try to grab interest via a taggish title hook (Their slogans be dammed, it's your title), but that could be a mistake in that it might derail consideration of the video itself in context of the contest where they might be looking for a more generalized title that sums the video content (Style storyline etc) up, but then again that might be what the description is for.

I don't know, but I'll think about it.

With Max in mind, what is the story of it to you? If you can narrow that down, then it can be polished.

-Thanks-

Back