A Mass Exedus From Adobe

Anyone else seeing people leaving Adobe all over because they cannot afford the $60 a month subscription fee? That's the reason why I stayed away from that deal from the beginning. My income varies too much month to month as do my expenses. I am see it here as well as on Facebook.

I am not playing devil's advocate I a consumer i just like this biz model better than u

Judging from the number of people jumping ship because they cannot afford the $60 a month, you may not be seeing it from the consumer's angle. I like my business model better for my needs as a consumer with an ify future. With 800,000,000 jobs going to robots by 2030, there's going to be a lot more uncertainty of the future.

I never bought Adobe or ANY software for hundreds of dollars, let alone $700 or whatever. Then came along CC and I signed up. So put me in the column of... the people it works for. When the robots come, we can reassess. Maybe there will be a discount for androids. :rofl:

PS. You surely are passionate about a software you said you don't need.

Thing about software some people don't understand.. the second you stop supporting software it begins to die.
So that pay once last forever isn't realistic.. eventually the browsers and OS and software eco system will leave it behind.

I totally get the subscription model, and you can cancel it and pay by month right?
So you don't need to leave it on all the time like a gym membership.

You can buy it monthly yes which works for people on certain projects. Like a photographer that only works on the occasional music video can have Photoshop all year but Premiee when he needs it.

Well, I am still using Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 from around 2012. It's still making updates to my website. People tell me it's a better version than the newer ones. Just could never afford a newer version with other things going on. But, it still works great on a newer computer. Software is always useful as long as the operating system it is on doesn't become outdated.

I'm part of a network called videomatties. Its hard to ignore the hundreds of errors and problems other video makers are having with adobe.I have also noticed the shift from people tho other edit programs. Paying 720 a year..... or buy resolve for 300 when it suits me.

I left Adobe due to stability. I loved the idea of a subscription, as it meant I could have the latest and greatest, but lately they seem to have been adding more consumer orientated features to their lineup and at the cost of stability. For me, the last reliable version was CS6, so it's been a while.

Three years ago, I migrated to Avid Media Composer and Pro Tools for picture/sound editing and haven't looked back. I use Resolve for grading and Nuke for VFX. Everything plays well together and I don't feel like I'm missing anything from the Adobe days. I have a rock solid and stable editing system now that doesn't crash and though upgrading part of it can be expensive (looking at you, Nuke), I haven't felt a need to upgrade anything in over two years (except Resolve). My computer, software and camera (Ursa Mini 4K) all play great together, so if it ain't broke, I ain't gonna try to fix it.

Well, I am still using Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 from around 2012. It's still making updates to my website. People tell me it's a better version than the newer ones. Just could never afford a newer version with other things going on. But, it still works great on a newer computer. Software is always useful as long as the operating system it is on doesn't become outdated.

yeah i use some old software too, but also consider.. i was paying adobe for story
they took down story and now it's not available even though i was giving them free money

Why did they take it down? makes no sense if they could just collect money and not support the software.
Of course browser based software is a lot more prone to becoming outdated and needed support than os based

When the robots come, we can reassess. Maybe there will be a discount for androids. :rofl:

tenor.gif

Hi. I'm here for your money.

Basically I got some really good deals. First I snagged a promo. Then I was able to work another promo by calling. Then I caught Black Friday. So now I'm aligned with that. If they don't offer it this year I will prob get Photoshop only for 9.99 and add on Illustrator. I'm not a video editor like you guys, just a casual user of PS and AI. So I can see where you are coming from where there are other alternatives. But Adobe pretty much owns the space with still editing/logos etc. And it's worth having the latest as long as you have a good deal.

And, that's why I don't like it. My finances are too insecure. Their software being pirated is not my problem. My income is.

Have you considered that using these oddball programs that you do is part of the reason you're having troubles with your income in the creative arts? Teeny bit of chicken and the egg problem?

We all cannot depend on having a job a year from now. And, if unemployed, use the old version to make a demo reel for work.

You're a bit of an odd duck. The car replaced the horse and buggy many moons ago. For the most part, the horse industry vanished. Did no one find jobs in the automobile industry? Perhaps not horse shoe fitters, but the world adapts and the efficiencies these new technologies make a lot of people's lives better.

yeah i use some old software too, but also consider.. i was paying adobe for story
they took down story and now it's not available even though i was giving them free money

Why did they take it down? makes no sense if they could just collect money and not support the software.
Of course browser based software is a lot more prone to becoming outdated and needed support than os based

Dreamweaver CS4 is on disk and not the cloud. It's still on my computer and not going anywhere. Works better on the newer Windows 8 desktop than the old Windows Vista laptop thanks to updated hardware. It's the way I buy Photoshop and Premiere Elements for new computers--on disk.

Well I was a huge fan of the model when it first came out. It allowed me to use all their stuff and really got me started for a low price. I couldn't afford the thousands of dollars it took to get PP, Audition, Photoshop, After effects etc...so it worked well for me. Once I signed up, I found Adobe Story, Speedgrade (when they introduced it) and Muse.

Well... they stopped supporting Speedgrade...
Then Story....
Now Muse....

So I had to start finding replacements for stuff...and now I am settling into using Davinci Resolve for Editing/Compositing/Coloring and we'll see how basic Audio work goes. And at this point, my subscription is done. Such a shame really because I really did like the Adobe products.

Well I was a huge fan of the model when it first came out. It allowed me to use all their stuff and really got me started for a low price. I couldn't afford the thousands of dollars it took to get PP, Audition, Photoshop, After effects etc...so it worked well for me. Once I signed up, I found Adobe Story, Speedgrade (when they introduced it) and Muse.

Well... they stopped supporting Speedgrade...
Then Story....
Now Muse....

So I had to start finding replacements for stuff...and now I am settling into using Davinci Resolve for Editing/Compositing/Coloring and we'll see how basic Audio work goes. And at this point, my subscription is done. Such a shame really because I really did like the Adobe products.

yeah they could have fixed bugs in story and added features.
if people weren't using it thats because adobe developers weren't doing their jobs well enough

and instead of stepping up they stepped down, typical for adobe.

Upgraded my Maxes a little over 12 months ago. Didnt install any Adobe software for the first time ever.

I use Pro Tools & Media Composer. Was doing a part time course so snagged them at educational prices (perpetual) and now pay a yearly fee to access all upgrades - the best part is the upgrades are much more swift so you get new features much more regularly.

I like Avid’s pricing and models much better than Adobe.

Back