• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Can you spot the CGI?

Hi all,
We filmed a short film this year, called Finding Satoshi Nakamoto,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDcNkggCXRQ

While filming there were a few things that went wrong on that day and had to be fixed with CGI effects

Is anyone here able to see what was done with CGI in the video?

There are four things that needed to be altered using CGI, there is also a fifth thing, but it is probably impossible to see,
and you would have to make a random guess to figure it out probably

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRaUmobJe9w

well sure, I could have simply posted the short film in the narrative section of this website,and let people watch it, which is what I want, and every creator wants, of course, and be done with it
which is totally fine and many people do that every week here to get feedback etc, and thats cool

but there is the hidden CGI factor here, so I posted it in the post production section instead, and yeah it seems like it might be a little fun and a little challenge for people to try and find it, or not, its up to them, and for me too, to watch that,
or even see if its possible to find the CGI, for people here that are interested in effects and that type of thing

so yeah I guess its a little bit of both dude,

Last edited:
First of all, that opening line made me laugh, so thats awesome.

I did not see a ton of what CG, but I see plenty of bad comps. Is that what you wanted us to look for? When you say CG, I expect an environment, an object or character, I dunno. In the case of looking for CGI it should look photoreal and there were plenty of comps here that look anything but.

First of all, that opening line made me laugh, so thats awesome.

I did not see a ton of what CG, but I see plenty of bad comps. Is that what you wanted us to look for? When you say CG, I expect an environment, an object or character, I dunno. In the case of looking for CGI it should look photoreal and there were plenty of comps here that look anything but.

Thanks for your positive feedback picture planet
and what do you mean by comps, I am not sure I follow what you mean,
can you give me an example so I can see what you are referring to

and yes the CGI was meant to fix stuff that went wrong while shooting and be seamless in the video
so the viewer does not notice it while watching,
thanks

Looked good to me.

nice gimmick to get people to watch. I don't mind - it's not a lie.
You didn't come here and pretend to be someone else you just asked a question

Back