• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch intro to club mart

As far as the amount of people, I don't think 5 more. Maybe one or two more. The different definitions are a good idea.

I won't say anything about the sound as I assuming this just a rough cut to get the "premise" down

I like the "definition" at the end of the clip, nice touch:)

Thank you. Yes, the sound is a bit of a problem I am going to try and fix it the best I can, unfortunately I have pretty basic equipment...I may have to just get rid of the folks you can't hear well, and cut the parts that seem mumbly.

Thank you. Yes, the sound is a bit of a problem I am going to try and fix it the best I can, unfortunately I have pretty basic equipment...I may have to just get rid of the folks you can't hear well, and cut the parts that seem mumbly.

What are you using for the microphone, an external one, or the camera mic?

camera mic unfortunately...the stupid thing doesn't have mic input so i HAVE to use it unless i record audio seperately.

Sony handycam. It's a camcorder and the new models for some strange reason don't have mic input just their internal mics. I have to upgrade to a better model if i want to use an external mic

Sony handycam. It's a camcorder and the new models for some strange reason don't have mic input just their internal mics. I have to upgrade to a better model if i want to use an external mic

Wow, seriously? I'll poke around a bit, but that seems odd to me(but maybe someone can give more information.

Can someone with Audio knowhow tell us WHY they wouldn't have an external mic? My Canon 930 was 120 bucks, and it was one.

I think he is saying the camera does not have any input options where you can plug a mic in. It just has its own little mic to record.

Anyway, having just reasonable audio is paramount. To get the least reasonable audio quality in, perhaps you could invest in a 300 shotgun mic and a an M track recorder (i think its about 250).

I think he is saying the camera does not have any input options where you can plug a mic in. It just has its own little mic to record.

Anyway, having just reasonable audio is paramount. To get the least reasonable audio quality in, perhaps you could invest in a 300 shotgun mic and a an M track recorder (i think its about 250).

Yea, I figured that :) There is sound obviously. I was just surprised, I was saying my little camcorder has an ext. mic plug, so why wouldn't Sony put on in? I didn't mean to sound like he had NO mic, just no external plug for one.

That sounds like a good idea, and the track may be the way to go and have to sync the sound. I'm desperately saving to get a mic just so I can redo my sound for "Delivery Day" and that has no dialogue as you know :)

^Ah. I was a bit confused there. I see what you mean. Maybe his Sony is something like an old IP5 or something. idk, just guessing here.

I think Delivery Day works without any dialogue. All of the protagonists feelings are conveyed through her actions. I think you just need foley sounds for the actions.

^Ah. I was a bit confused there. I see what you mean. Maybe his Sony is something like an old IP5 or something. idk, just guessing here.

I think Delivery Day works without any dialogue. All of the protagonists feelings are conveyed through her actions. I think you just need foley sounds for the actions.

That's why I want to get the mic, so I can get "cleaner" sounds as it were.

I was surprised though, I kept hearing burbling in the film, but I was listening to music on my computer the other day, and I hear the same burbling, ditto anything else I watch-maybe it's my soundcard and/or headphones?

Anyway, to KEEP this thread on track....What model of Camcorder is it? (I know it's a sony, but the model number, like I have a Canon "930 zr". How old is the camera? You did say that the newer Sony don't have it, so I assume it's newer?

I prefer gurgling to burbling. But *sigh* to each her own. j/k

If you hear it no matter what you watch, i would say it might be your speakers/headphones first. They are what is usually faulty. Try a different pair and if it still persists, we can take it from there.

@OP: Yes, tell us the model.

wooh lots of back and forth.....Funny thing is....it is the latest model of the sony handcam lines. I recently upgraded to it (it shoots in HD wooooooh) and yet my old handycam (it shoots in bad quality because I screwed it up a lil) has an external mic input but Sony decided to make the model price go down 300 bucks (the new one I bought last year was 300 and my old model from 2005 was 600) they needed to take it out to make room for the touch screen and memory stick input.

If you still have your older one, if the sound isn't affected, maybe using "that" as your "receiver" and pluggin the external mic into that one. (I don't know the proper name right now:lol:), maybe you could shoot it along side with the newer model, make the synching it up easier.

Right a touch screen is more important than quality sound....brilliant Sony:rolleyes::P

yeahhh they always have been more about picture than sound. Thus why the camera surpasses their competition in looks

a nice device if you do have to record separately is the zoom recorder... pretty good sound for a tiny digital recorder! it also has xlr outputs so if you end up upgrading your camera you can still use it as an external mic.

as for the clip, I would say just make it a little "snappier"... cut out the part where they say "a customer is" and just get to what they are saying. choose content over sound quality though if its not THAT bad. choose the people who are saying more diverse things and saying things with the lean you want to have as people start watching the doc. hope that helps.

it does help this is definately not the final cut of this scene and I am indeed going to take that into consideration

Back