movies What's the last film you watched? And rate it!

The new chris mcquarrie film MI: Fallout

mission-impossible-6-tom-cruise-henry-cavill-christopher-mcquarrie.jpg

You can definitely feel chris's influence on this film, it's the most realistic MI to date with tom cruise coming off as a human capable of getting in over his head, rather than an invulnerable super agent.

Tom cruise spent 1.5 years learning how to fly a helicopter so he could safely do his own stunts in the film. There are some really crazy moments in this film and while henry cavil was an awesome addition to this franchise i wish jeremy renner was still around. Maybe next time jeremy!

Edit: I can't conclude this without mentioning the parachute jump.. there was so much camera choreography going on between tom and henry during freefall in a long uncut sequence, it's an incredibly ambitious shot that just kept on going. Very impressive.

Last edited:
I saw Fallout also, and really enjoyed it.
While I definitely agree with everything sfoster said, one of the things that I really appreciated & enjoyed is that the women in the film were as tough and interesting as the men.

Eighth Grade

7.8/10

It's difficult to watch this movie because it brings the awkward realism of that age and shows the effect on one character. I remember being in the eighth grade and it was very much just a time of survival and looking forward to the future. This movie has it's moment. Sometimes it was just a little too much. I wonder what real eighth graders think of this portrait.

I saw Fallout also, and really enjoyed it.
While I definitely agree with everything sfoster said, one of the things that I really appreciated & enjoyed is that the women in the film were as tough and interesting as the men.

Yeah ditto for tom & chris's film Edge of tomorrow, emily blunt was a smash hit

Batman & Bill

The creative force behind batman's arkham universe and the co-creator of Batman died alone, a poor man in anonymity. There was no one to bury his body so he was placed in an unmarked grave alongside the homeless vagrants that had died in his city.

His business partner was responsible for the financial dealings and contracts and never gave bill any credit or money beyond paying him to ghost write each comic.

I watched "Raw" , and goddamn it blew me away! one of the best movies I've ever watched! I didn't have high hopes for the movie at first ( thought it's going to be one of those lots of gore while half-a** ing the story cases ). But boy was I wrong!

Last edited:
What's Love Got To Do With It

Tina__What_s_Love_Got_to_Do_with_It.jpg

Biopic of Tina turner. I really got to enjoy the suspense in this one because i was totally ignorant about if she was still alive or how she died or when. I thought ike might actually kill her.

This story is 10% tina singing and 80% about the abusive relationship between ike and tina and it gets really dark.
What starts out as typical abusive behavior (violent overreactions of an otherwise relatable frustration) eventually escalates into
ike raping her because she wasn't singing well enough

Like woah, that's not someone that needs anger management therapy that's a sadist.

Lord of the Rings

hqdefault.jpg

I watched it again lol, I must have seen the two towers 20 times now but I watched all 3 the other day and it's funny the new things standing out to me. Now I'm noticing all the inconsistencies with the editing. For example when the women and children first see helms deep and theyre like "thank goodness we're saved! it's helms deep" and the camera pans and we see helms deep was clearly visible for miles but they're only just now saying something about it like they saw it around a bend. There were so many of these fake editing moments that never stood out to me before.

What's Love Got To Do With It

Tina__What_s_Love_Got_to_Do_with_It.jpg

Biopic of Tina turner. I really got to enjoy the suspense in this one because i was totally ignorant about if she was still alive or how she died or when. I thought ike might actually kill her.

This story is 10% tina singing and 80% about the abusive relationship between ike and tina and it gets really dark.
What starts out as typical abusive behavior (violent overreactions of an otherwise relatable frustration) eventually escalates into
ike raping her because she wasn't singing well enough

Like woah, that's not someone that needs anger management therapy that's a sadist.

Lord of the Rings

hqdefault.jpg

I watched it again lol, I must have seen the two towers 20 times now but I watched all 3 the other day and it's funny the new things standing out to me. Now I'm noticing all the inconsistencies with the editing. For example when the women and children first see helms deep and theyre like "thank goodness we're saved! it's helms deep" and the camera pans and we see helms deep was clearly visible for miles but they're only just now saying something about it like they saw it around a bend. There were so many of these fake editing moments that never stood out to me before.

Lord of the rings trilogy has been my No1 in my favorite movies list for a long long time. I too have watched the trilogy a dozen of times. Please don't ruin this movie for me:lol: . Don't point out it's flaws even if you see any :)

Haha okay. I'll hold back. I'm not seriously bothered if a 3 hour movie streamlines the editing, that sounds like a very reasonable business and artistic decision for a film so long.

There is actually one huge glaring flaw in the two towers with zero realism (or just complete idiocy) but the plot isn't impacted either way by that moment. And I won't point it out :)

3Oh nice, a season 2. there's a new season of Bojack Horseman coming soon :)

The Stuntman

What a crazy movie from a few decades ago starring lawrence of arabia dude peter o'toole. The director takes a fugitive under his wing, a fugitive who he has no idea what crime he committed or why he's on the run. The director lies to the police and interferes with a massive multi-jurisdictional investigation to protect this felon, and then hires him off the books to be a stuntman. This mysterious felon with absolutely no training or experience, not listed under the production insurance, now doing dangerous life threatening stunts like falling from fatal heights. LOL what a bad movie

3Oh nice, a season 2. there's a new season of Bojack Horseman coming soon :)

Sorry I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or serious :lol: . But I suggest not to judge the second season by the first one. ( The first one was pretty boring to be honest).

Ed Wood...........8/10

It's just so weird and funny. Bill Murray talking about Mexico sounds like a movie in itself.

Alt Right: Age of Rage...........7/10

Pretty good editing but it's a subject that is still hot.

Searching.............9/10

Really good mystery. Original way to tell a story.

Sorry I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or serious :lol: . But I suggest not to judge the second season by the first one. ( The first one was pretty boring to be honest).

http://www.indietalk.com/showpost.php?p=437635&postcount=3111

Perhaps I'm biased? Crime thriller is my preferred genre.
The snells and ruth are both such interesting characters.

There's no accounting for taste :lol:

For example I liked the netflix show Insatiable.
It's not as good as the youtube show Impulse but it was similar... and this reviewer lists it as the worst series netflix has made :lol:
https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/nation/best-netflix-tv-shows-original-series

Meanwhile I couldn't stomach 5 minutes of "F is for family" or "disenchantment" so me and this dude seem to be on completely different pages. then we get to #1 and we're in total agreement, best netflix series is bojack horseman.

There's just no accounting for taste. We agree, we disagree, it seems to have no rhyme or reason.
Dude tears apart insatiable because of the tonal shifts.. like you're not allowed to shift in tone and it's "breaking the rules"

meanwhile one of my favorite films of all time is charade.

Charade is basically every genre that exists :lol:
it's horror, it's mystery, it's drama, it's comedy, it's all over the map and it's amazing. life has tonal shifts.

Last edited:
http://www.indietalk.com/showpost.php?p=437635&postcount=3111

Perhaps I'm biased? Crime thriller is my preferred genre.
The snells and ruth are both such interesting characters.

There's no accounting for taste :lol:

For example I liked the netflix show Insatiable.
It's not as good as the youtube show Impulse but it was similar... and this reviewer lists it as the worst series netflix has made :lol:
https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/nation/best-netflix-tv-shows-original-series

Meanwhile I couldn't stomach 5 minutes of "F is for family" or "disenchantment" so me and this dude seem to be on completely different pages. then we get to #1 and we're in total agreement, best netflix series is bojack horseman.

There's just no accounting for taste. We agree, we disagree, it seems to have no rhyme or reason.
Dude tears apart insatiable because of the tonal shifts.. like you're not allowed to shift in tone and it's "breaking the rules"

meanwhile one of my favorite films of all time is charade.

Charade is basically every genre that exists :lol:
it's horror, it's mystery, it's drama, it's comedy, it's all over the map and it's amazing. life has tonal shifts.

Completely agree:thumbsup:

Back