Sioux Falls SD music video casting call

I've been planning and sketching this music video, a tribute to Lindsey Stirling's Moon Trance.
This is my first production on this kind of scale.

The video synopsis is a young violinist is walking thought the wooded park at midnight when a number of dark creatures slip out of the shadows and attack her. She manages to escape where they chase her to a bridge where their master is waiting. A mysterious dark man wearing a trilby hat blocks her way, plucking a violin as he and the creatures advance towards her. Seeing the violin the girl grows confident and pulls out her own. The two begin to musically duel to the beat of the music. The pair continue their dance until morning, each having grown fond of the other. As the sun rises the creatures slip away, and the now exhausted girl trips and falls to the ground. The mysterious man swoops in to kiss her as she closes her eyes. then just as the final note is struck she opens her eyes and the man is gone.

I have the video and lighting equipment, along with software and the Violin props. The duration is about 3 minutes long and I'll soon be procuring the creature costumes which another film enthusiast suggested should be simple black full body spandex Zentai suits.

Now what I really need now are bodies.

Creatures:
3-6 people to play the creatures, preferably slim builds. There will be no dialogue so Expressive movement acting is greatly needed as you will be wearing a full body spandex suit.

As for the two leads:

Male: Slim build preferably, with dancing experience or the ability to learn. You don't need to be able to play the violin, but you do need to be able to fake it well. (and Yes You Will Have to Wear the Tribley)

Female: As above, Athletic enough for the physicality of the dancing, Fake playing the violin while dancing, expressive facial acting will be very crucial, ( and you may have to kiss a boy)

The location for the shoot will be Seratoma Park on the Westside Sioux Falls eaith at Night/ Dusk or possibly morning. The shoot shouldn't take more than 2-3 days with shoots lasting 2 hrs at most.

To anyone reading this I've been building this video in my head for over 2 years I need it to happen. I want to get this shoot in motion by the End of August to Mid September at the latest. Any ideas, observations, tips, contributions will be more than welcome. If you know anyone in the Sioux Falls Area that might be interested or know where i can find people I'll love to know. Any tips for shooting at night? Any critques or comments about the concept? Please let me know.

Lindsey Stirling is a talent. I check out that 'Moon Trance' video on YouTube and it's quite good. Reminds me of a dub steppin' Riverdance Enya - sorry! Anyway, I believe you're not going to attract any talent or real responses from the "pre-production" on "Indie-talk.com". South Dakota is a long way from any professional acting or production hub/city. I would say try posting on Craigslist but even then I doubt you'd get any good responses.

My advice is to really invest in person-to-person relationships in small towns in vast rural America- what an opportunity that is (I live in a mid-size jaded pissed off used/screwed over actorville). The upper mid-west must have some great community theater and college departments which are accepting of random eager beavers who are respectful and show talent with a script or schedule/equipment list. I believe the internet is going to be useless to you. Be friendly, serious and professional and make contact with local actors you admire!

I'm from the Sioux Falls area and still get quite a few actors from there for projects. Facebook is a great place to start and there are a few active groups such as Sioux Empire Acting and Sioux Empire Filmmaking. A lot of talent in the area - you just have to look. Also - Minneapolis isn't all that far away from there as well so you should send out feelers there too.

Back