• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Funding for my complete Indie animation film

I've played skyrim. It's great!

Instead of playing a fun video game, you're offering me the opportunity to watch a watered down version of it's storyline with worse graphics, music and voice acting? And none of the fun of playing. I was waiting for the other shoe to drop and it never did. Just a straightforward reenactment of the skyrim storyline.

This isn't protected by parody law so I wouldn't be surprised if bethesda games had the right to get it taken down if they wanted to.

Who is your target market and what do they get out of this video?

nstead of playing a fun video game, you're offering me the opportunity to watch a watered down version of it's storyline with worse graphics, music and voice acting? And none of the fun of playing. I was waiting for the other shoe to drop and it never did. Just a straightforward reenactment of the skyrim storyline.

This isn't protected by parody law so I wouldn't be surprised if bethesda games had the right to get it taken down if they wanted to.

Nail meet head. This is a fun project for you to work on to hone your skills, but it's not something people want to fund for you.

Ok let me get one thing clear. LEGO skyrim was just a demonstration of what I intend to do in an actual project. My project will be original medieval fantasy featuring LEGO characters..I just thought whoever is going to agree to fund actually gets to see what they are actually funding. Real movie making takes lots of money specially to fund professional voice actors which is why I was using go fund me. Regarding quality of my video I agree it is not comparable to Pixar animation hence it would rightfully justified as an indie movie. There is absolutely no compulsion to donate-it’s your decision ultimately think of this a way to make an LEGO animator’s dream come true. But as I said clearly said there won’t be any perks in doing so other than performing a selfless good deed. If you are willing to help,God bless you else also God bless you. Thank you for your selfless act!

Ok let me get one thing clear. LEGO skyrim was just a demonstration of what I intend to do in an actual project. My project will be original medieval fantasy featuring LEGO characters..I just thought whoever is going to agree to fund actually gets to see what they are actually funding. Real movie making takes lots of money specially to fund professional voice actors which is why I was using go fund me. Regarding quality of my video I agree it is not comparable to Pixar animation hence it would rightfully justified as an indie movie. There is absolutely no compulsion to donate-it’s your decision ultimately think of this a way to make an LEGO animator’s dream come true. But as I said clearly said there won’t be any perks in doing so other than performing a selfless good deed. If you are willing to help,God bless you else also God bless you. Thank you for your selfless act!

It seems the problem is you're not showing people what they are actually funding. You're asking for funding for an "original medieval fantasy", but you're showing Skyrim. Not the same thing. Your campaign would likely go a lot better if your video was original, and showed the actual characters and story lines that people are being asked to fund... Because that's what people are going to make their decision based on.

I don't think professional voice actors are you main obstacle.
Writing, story, dialigue, graphics design, audio mix, composition, character animation, facial expressions: all areas you need to grow your skills on, before wasting money on good voices in a poor animation.

At least IMHO.
Keep creating, keep practising and a year from now you might be a lot more convincing.
Make the trailer for your project

If you could visually get close to this instead of the early 2000's look, I'd donate. What software are you using?
the-lego-movie.jpg

Ok let me get one thing clear. LEGO skyrim was just a demonstration of what I intend to do in an actual project.
Sorry to pile on, but...

We get a lot of new people who ask for money in their very first post
so we regulars tend to be a little jaded.

What would inspire me to give you money is if you posted a scene or
trailer that shows great character design, great dialogue, interesting
concept... well... what WalterB said. Then you tell us that what you
need is money to hire experienced voice actors.

Even when I personally know the filmmaker I am wary of giving money
without really seeing the talent and concept in a clip or trailer. When it's
a first post and very possibly a "drive-by" I'm not inspired to give up my
hard earned cash.

I do (sincerely) wish you good results raising $2,500.

Back