On-Camera Monitor - which one?

Hi everyone,

I´m currently looking for an on camera monitor for my SonyA7rii. I can´t find any page or advice which monitor is the best for less money. At the moment I have found the Blackmagic Video Assist or the IKAN DH7. Everything cheaper than them are monitors like the CameraPlus - CP- DC-70. I just have no idea which monitor is the best for my camera and not too expensive, so I need a little help. Thank you!
Isabelle

Well I can´t work with the little display and everytime in post my picture is too dark, so I need a monitor that shows my live view in the right brightness. Also it should be able to record, so I need a HDMI Output. And I´m not sure if I need a Full-Hd screen. Is a HD Screen enough on a 7inch display? I´d like to have a sharp display.
As I´m shooting in S-Log-2, I have seen some monitors where you can put a Lut over it while filming, this would be a nice extra but no need. I hope that answer your question :)

What's your budget? Recorder/monitors tend to be more expensive than standard monitors. Depending on what you need, the Blackmagic Video Assist will likely be your cheapest option in that regard, particularly if you want to record in 4k.

If you're happy recording HD only externally, then there are a few cheaper older/second-hand options that you could go for

Back