Good film people to follow on twitter

http://twitter.com/SteveActs
smiley_creepy.gif

Meh, most the ones I read are politics feeds, or of very local interest. :(

Oh! That's the Guerilla guy, Chris Jones! I have his books lol :cool:

Frankly, as a filmmaker, I've not the time to be following anyone, ESPECIALLY since there is no money in it. But as a filmmaker, you should have people following YOU -- not just twitter, but social media and blogging because there IS money in it for you.

Oh! That's the Guerilla guy, Chris Jones! I have his books lol :cool:

I clicked on the link too, then went to his blog and gave it a quick look. Not bad, this guy knows how to push his books via blog -- take a look and see. It'll work for films too. Thumbs up for his marketing technique.

As for his books, I read all 4 of them and sold them at Amazon.com. I rated his books C-, C, C+ and C+. There are better books out there but some will find his stuff worthwhile.

Frankly, as a filmmaker, I've not the time to be following anyone, ESPECIALLY since there is no money in it. But as a filmmaker, you should have people following YOU -- not just twitter, but social media and blogging because there IS money in it for you.

I actually think this is totally wrong. I follow people on Twitter so that I can see links to interesting articles, get involved in interesting discussions, network with people...etc.

Yes, you want people following you but playing the game mutually is a very effective way of doing that.

I recommend following directors like Edgar Wright, Duncan Jones, Ron Howard, Jason Reitman...etc, they all use it in a very interesting way.

And, of course, remember to follow @TheClapperBored!

I agree with you Nick,

Although having people follow you is great, i am definitely a person who feels i can never stop learning and if someone has something interesting to say or has a good bit of advice, i want to hear about it!

Chris Jones is great, i have learnt so much from him.

Steve and Nick you are now being followed :P

Back