How's this for a blog name?

Well, I'm looking to start a blog soon on filmmaking, and I've been mulling over a few titles. What does everybody thing of the name... I feel like I need a drumroll :D

Kubrick's Rube

Had my concerns, mostly because it doesn't really convey the site, it's just a fairly memorable title. But then again, that might be the most important factor. Also, it really sticks in my head, and now I can't say rubik's cube properly any more :weird:

Would love any thoughts, even if it's just 'awful'!

I like it.

But you need to consider how it will work for SEO and all. Because 'Rube' isn't a word you might run into trouble.

But I like it, it's got a nice ring to it :)

Rube is actually a word - may be an American term, but usually refers to someone who is unsophisticated and can be taken advantage of, generally in a carnival or gambling situation. "Look at the rube."

gelder

Ha, yeah I think it is a word. I just remember it being on The Simpsons to be honest- people don't really say it here in the UK :D

There's no entry for it in the dictionary, but I don't know, it might have some colloquial usage in the US...

Anyhow, I think it's a good name and definitely lends itself to a good logo :)

It's a clever play on words. I like it and it rolls off the tongue easily. People might be wondering Who is Kubrick's rube? or who was Kubrick's rube? Your logo or top image could be a rubick's cube with frames from (or drawings of) his films on each square? Or maybe one side could be a full image of Stanley. Good luck with it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMVqIISyp60

Last edited:
Yeah, I had the idea about a rubicks cube with Kubrick images, although I was worried about potential copyright stuff (maybe I'm just being dramatic)

Or I might just use general film images like a camera or directors seat, clapper board etc.

Hopefully I'll be able to start it next week, laptops in for repair right now because a certain family member knocked a glass of water all over it...

Back