Hey guys!

Hi there everyone, my name's Jamie and I'm a writer and aspiring director from Manchester. I'm about to go into my 3rd year of university, studying law, but film is what I've always wanted to do and I've decided it's finally time to step up and do something about it! I don't have any experience with cameras but I've been writing all my life.

I'm looking into getting a decent entry level video camera within the next week or so. My budget is probably £500, give or take. I'd only really be using it for music videos and shorts while I'm still studying, but once uni's done with I'd be looking into features, and while I'd hope to raise funding for more professional equipment, something that could manage an ultra low budget indie would be ideal. So if anybody had any suggestions it would be great :)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to chatting with everyone, learning about the trade and maybe getting to work with some of you guys on projects in the future (probably as a gopher ;) ). I'm really passionate about film, so it'll be great to chat to other filmophiles! :D

Back