• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch 20's style short: Repeatedly punched in the face

Color me thoroughly entertained! Was this done as a music video? Almost reminds me of something I would have seen on MTV in the early 90s! I liked it a lot!

Thanks for feedback. No, I didn't do it as a music video, although it may as well have been one. Initially, I intended to use the first 37 seconds of the song you hear now (the instrumental bit with cymbals and whistling), and then crossfade into a 1920's ragtime piano piece, Scott Joplin-ish. But nothing I found worked, so I just let the thrash rock song play.

Yeah, I settled for less on the roto work. I could've taken the time to clean it up to the point of real professional work, but I'm currently packing to move to NYC, and I just wanted to be done with it.

I learned that a simple greenscreen setup on location would've saved me 30+ hours in After Effects. The rotobrush tool does OK, but if I'd helped the brush tool by shooting with an easily keyed background, it would have sped up the process immeasurably.

Back