• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

A Filmmakers Social Network?

I'm just wondering if there happens to be a website that allows users to download other users' raw footage and edit and reupload?
Ex: I have seven independent shots and a sound score I would like to use. I upload all seven shots and the sound and leave a description of what I want for it. User X is amused by the prospect of editing this and tries his hand at it, submitting it back to the original user after he's finished.
I'd be really interested in this site if it did exist, Thanks!
--Tyler

You could do that on Vimeo, no problem. Save some bandwidth on the free account by converting to 720p before uploading, but sure - swap video around like that.

Or there's cloud synching services like Dropbox, Skydrive, Box.com, etc. Size varies (expanding is cheap), and it's very easy to share your large files like that.

You could do that on Vimeo, no problem. Save some bandwidth on the free account by converting to 720p before uploading, but sure - swap video around like that.

Or there's cloud synching services like Dropbox, Skydrive, Box.com, etc. Size varies (expanding is cheap), and it's very easy to share your large files like that.

Not sure that's what he's looking for.

Tearay, I think this is the kind of site you're looking for right here. Upload the stuff to mediafire or use dropbox's "public" function to share it here and maybe someone will be interested in slicing it all together for fun.

I've found a bunch of interesting projects and people on here. I've worked with more than 3/4 of the one's I've been in touch with via PM and now have long-term working relationships with at least 1/2 of those people. It's an awesome forum.

Last edited:
So, you're looking for a filmmakers' social network?

Hmm...for the life of me, I just can't think of any. ;)

Just kidding, of course. You're here, dude! Over the last few years that I've been here, I've seen, and been part of, a good number of IT collaborations. Just start hanging out more, get to know the cats around here, and perhaps you'll find someone who'll be excited to work with you. Welcome, and good luck. :)

Back