• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Stolen Wings

Some pretty cool visuals there. I wish the ending was more clear--
I'm not sure who's purse had the fairy wing liquid in it...the baby sitter? The parents?
Quite confused actually.

I'd like to see this method fine-tuned, with a little more time devoted to lighting, the particle animation, and the stop motion.

ps. I liked the little girls acting believe it or not...she seemed like she understood the script more than the adult girl. :)

Hi there, just browsing the internet and came accross your comment! I am the adult girl that you commented on in the film. I normally wouldn't reply but have to inform you that your comment is unfounded. With such low budget and limited time, I did what was asked of me by the director. It is not up to you how the script should be interprated and being an actor yourself you should know its up the director. Thanks for the comments on my daughters acting though9 (VERY PROUD), she has never even takin a class but in all fairness are ya judging a 6 yr olds acting anyway! IF I had interprated the script wrong, i trust the director would have infomed me, that's his job, not yours. You could wreck an actors self confidence when they are only starting out making the jump from a strong theatre career to film with such negative comments. Its clear you didn't get the ending and then the realisation of why my character was the way she was would have been clear to u. I enjoyed working with the director he was a pure gentleman. Take care:lol:

I’m sorry you feel the way you do, and my intent is never to intentionally hurt anyone’s feelings. This forum is an open forum, mostly used to share and critique work. Many of us speak very freely about what needs improvement or what they like.

The first thing an actor needs to learn is how to take criticism—it seems you have taken a major blow from a harmless statement. In fact, I never even said you were BAD…did I? I simply said I thought the young girl understood the tone of the film…she simply was more believable to me. This is in no way saying you’re bad, in fact I think you did just fine…it was mainly a compliment to the young girl.

And I know about low budget and constraints...I live it every weekend on set. This does not, and should never excuse a bad performance (not that you had one).

If you are so offended by my honest and fair critique, then maybe you should think of another line of work. Actors need to have thick skin…they need to learn from their previous projects, and learn from the critiques or reviews they receive. Flaming someone for a very indirect, honest critique is not something a professional actor should get in the habit of.

Also, yes there is a part of a performance that can be owned by the director…but it didn’t look like you were asked to do anything outlandish, out of left field, or incredibly uncomfortable…I don’t think, in this case, your performance should be finger pointing to the director. You owned your own performance. You as an actor, and the character you created shown through. You didn’t do a bad job, and should not have been so sensitive about it. But just because someone gives you a less than glowing review, you shouldn’t blame the direction you received. Again, another bad habit to get into as an actor.

Everything I’m saying is not meant to hurt you…I’m simply being honest. This is the place to do that. Would you rather hear an honest critique here, so you can better yourself for your next performance? Or would you rather never hear anything…and continue on unknowing?

I thought my critique was actually quite easy-going compared to some of the things you can hear in this business.

Last edited:
Hi Gerard imagine meeting you here!! But then again I'm sure we agree that spreading your wings (no pun intended) is a far better way to garner opinion on your work.

Once again, this film is visually ambitious and far more developed than the Scanner. You genuinely have a flair for the lighting aspects in terms of the time you commit to it and I applaud you for that, honestly.

The little girl was dynamite. Having worked with youngsters last year I appreciate how difficult it can be getting a performance of merit. You did. She was very natural.

Story wise, I havent a clue what it was about from one viewing. I got the whole concept of the babysitter telling a story, but I didn't get the ending so I'm lost. Sorry.

As for the adult female and her acting, well I do think she was outshone by her daughter and maybe her performance could have been tailored a bit more. However, as you well know, it is very difficult to be bang on with everything. These are the difficulties with micro budget films. Interpretation can be a boat to sail on or a boat to sink on.

But well done Ger and please realise that Im being genuine and our previous misunderstanding should not be seen as an influence over any future opinion I shed on your very credible and ambitious work.

Truly AMAZING! I loved everything about this film, the visuals in particular! I see a little tiff up above between Micheal and the actress, I have to agree with Micheal in his rebuttal post! There's no reason for you to feel insulted Natasha, I find that Micheal gave a very honest opinion of the movie, and he most certainly didn't didn't call your acting into question. You obviously have talent, and you say you come from a strong theatre career so I'm sure you've goet skills. The little girl, your daughter, was fantastic! Very plausible! I'd like to see more of you both interacting in your next film.

And of course hats off to Mr. Lough, you've gained a fan sir!

Back