In Development A Cross-Over Story Close to Home

Industry science fiction authors suggested that when I write a short story for a magazine, I should make a story unlike any that will appear in my sci-fi series for copyright issues.

So, I am working on a short story featuring the heroes from my I, Creator series coming into a Universe very close to our world where they will meet my crew and I trying to make our film. They will see the problems we have with the casting. They are here to weed out silver demon hunters kidnapping people to use in their game hunts. So, the cyborgs need to hide in plain sight as they hunt down the silver demons. So, they will fill the roles for our cyborgs to be themselves in public to search for the hunters.

I am hoping the realism of what it takes for small amateur filmmakers to make their films will make this story a success in a sci-fi magazine.

How far should I go changing names for copyright issues? Any suggestions? I know names cannot be copyrighted. So, maybe I can use the character names for the characters in the story.

Back