Playback: Need more advice....

...I would really like to start going over my footage from the first shoot I did for my project. However, I do not have a playback deck. I have looked them over and the least expensive one I could find was $700. I do know that playback can be done from a camcorder and can be done from my camera, but I am not going to use my DVX as playback...

...so, until I can afford a real playback deck, I am considering purchasing a inexpensive camcorder to do playback with. My question is: what should I expect the quality of the camcorder/playback to be if I go this route? I didn't want to purchase a camera just so I can beat the hell out of the heads, but maybe it is a reasonable alternative...

...what do you think I should do? I didn't want to spend money on a camcorder and then also have to spend money on the playback deck, but if I keep the camcorder inexpensive, maybe it will be worth it....

...what do you think? :huh:

--spinner :cool:

The footage is digital, so the deck/camcorder shouldn't matter, it'll come across as well with a cheap camcorder as with a better one...the difference will be how often you end up replacing the camcorder when the cheaper playheads wear out. Quality will all be recorded quality though until the heads puke.

...well, that is what I was thinking. Since it is Christmas, I have been seeing some camcorders going for less than $200 and I thought if I could find a good deal, that I would just buy a inexpensive camera and use it until I got suitable playback or until the heads gave out. My hold up was just that different cameras have different qualities and I didn't want to get one if the playback was going to affect the look of the footage. It makes sense to ask if you're not sure...

--spinner :cool:

Back