Poster for 'Fissure'

PaulWrightyThen

IOTM Winner
Hey guys.

So the festival subs have started. 1st review is in as well: https://www.ukfilmreview.co.uk/single-post/2017/06/29/Fissure-short-film

Pretty chuffed with that I must say.

Here's the poster (again sorry so big) If you like it, I did it. If you don't I'll fire the jerk that did...

Just keeping y'all updated :)

6pcGvSf.png

Originally posted by PaulWrightyThen: I must say, its a bit addictive on filmfreeway just scrolling through... and clicking... and adding to cart... :0

I know all too well! I was never good at exercising self-restraint on festival submissions :)

Imagery: great!
Conveyance of story or even genre: poor

I want to know what it's about, and an easy way to do that, is expand upon the quote at the top (got any real quotes that can work?). Or add a tagline. Since not a mainstream film, we have nothing to draw us in, major films have stars and can use subtleties, but with a short film, I feel like you have to tell us more, without forcing it down our throats (that's why a good quote can work wonders, it's someone else saying it).

Great quotes can have marketable key-terms like "coming of age" or "thriller" or "the funniest..." etc. Often the quote is to tell us more about the film, than how much they liked it. Marketing.

Imagery: great!
Conveyance of story or even genre: poor

I want to know what it's about, and an easy way to do that, is expand upon the quote at the top (got any real quotes that can work?). Or add a tagline. Since not a mainstream film, we have nothing to draw us in, major films have stars and can use subtleties, but with a short film, I feel like you have to tell us more, without forcing it down our throats (that's why a good quote can work wonders, it's someone else saying it).

Great quotes can have marketable key-terms like "coming of age" or "thriller" or "the funniest..." etc. Often the quote is to tell us more about the film, than how much they liked it. Marketing.

Nice feedback. Wanted to keep the quote short, but with fresh eyes you are right. I'll think on it.

Expect a new one soon... :)

@ZMY yeah, the wait is a killer.

Back