Best Short Term Insurance for Indie Shoots

I think so it's been awhile though. You may want to look into insuring a production company and buying yearly if you plan to shoot a lot.

Pretty much, they are all resellers of the same insurance giant. You want them accessible though imo. Say you are on set somewhere and you don't have a copy. You can call them and have them fax it to who needs it. So I went with the A&E they were always reachable, friendly, and good price.

400 sounds very reasonable for short term, that is 1 week right? I forget how it goes.

I know you're in the US, so this is just for future Googlers, but Performance does excellent rates in the UK and is especially good if you're shooting on infrequent days, because their month-long policies are negligibly more expensive than 2-3 days.

Pretty much, they are all resellers of the same insurance giant. You want them accessible though imo. Say you are on set somewhere and you don't have a copy. You can call them and have them fax it to who needs it. So I went with the A&E they were always reachable, friendly, and good price.

400 sounds very reasonable for short term, that is 1 week right? I forget how it goes.
Idk. It's a perk to pay the yearly membership fee of $150.

Figured it out. Getting PHOTOGRAPHER / VIDEOGRAPHER Insurance. Same 2 million general liability for 1/3 of what these "short term entertainment" policies go for. And that's for a WHOLE YEAR coverage.

Funny how insurance works, they charge what people are willing to pay for the same general liability coverage. photographhers and videographers are apparently not willing to pay hundreds of dollars like someone trying to ensure a "production". I can now work on many productions and always have coverage.

Figured it out. Getting PHOTOGRAPHER / VIDEOGRAPHER Insurance. Same 2 million general liability for 1/3 of what these "short term entertainment" policies go for. And that's for a WHOLE YEAR coverage.

Funny how insurance works, they charge what people are willing to pay for the same general liability coverage. photographhers and videographers are apparently not willing to pay hundreds of dollars like someone trying to ensure a "production". I can now work on many productions and always have coverage.
Sounds sweet but are the coverages same? A videographer useless doesn't have to have coverage for cast and crew, I assume. We're talking access to locations not uselessly on the market and possible damages. Idk. I assume that's where the extra money goes.

Sounds sweet but are the coverages same? A videographer useless doesn't have to have coverage for cast and crew, I assume. We're talking access to locations not uselessly on the market and possible damages. Idk. I assume that's where the extra money goes.

Both are simple 2 million general commercial liability. I wasn't getting the extra insurance for medical and workers comp for cast members on the other policy. Those are all extras that cost even more. I don't see a difference at all in what I was comparing, except that one is for videographer and the other is for a specific production. Coverage is same, apples to apples as far as I can tell. Was not the same parent company or broker, however. I think the difference might be that videographers often have the insurance every month for years where production insurance is a one off policy. Insurance companies might be factoring what videographers and photographers are willing to pay on a monthly basis indefinitely.

Back