• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch My TV comedy pilot (procedural) "We're going to be rich!"

Hi everyone, wanted to share my new project..

WE'RE GOING TO BE RICH "A couple of unemployed Latino roommates hire a camera man to follow them around as they try every 'get rich quick' scheme in the book on their quest to become millionaires."

Think "Pinky and the Brain" meets "The office"/"Broad city".

PILOT EPISODE: After a weight-loss episode stemming from eating too much taco beef, Manny and his roommate decide to encapsulate taco beef and sell it as a weight loss supplement. Their idea encounters some problems when the FDA gets involved.

I was getting discouraged by the lack of replies from queries for the actual script or even read requests, and I believe in this show... Maybe my log-line just sucks... So I recorded the pilot myself... (well, I was not the DP, but you guys know what I mean)

(UNLISTED) LINK TO VIEW:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=snJN8yiC5y8

ON FILMING: Got a group of my friends (who are comedians) and some of their friends and went ahead and did it in 3 and a half days (40 hrs roughly). Took me another week to Edit... Then took me 2-3 days to color correct, two for sound/scoring. It's in Spanish (With subtitles) but I do have an English script (PM me if you guys want to see it).

Thought it was a cool experience, and pretty cool to see it all through from an idea to the page, and from the page to the screen. This is a non published link just for feedback right now.

My plan is to show the finished product to a few networks and see if the idea, realized works better as a pitch... But at worst, I'll make it a 6 episode mini series and self publish it all at once.

Thanks in advanced for any feedback!

Last edited:
I watched the whole thing. Thought it was funny. It probably helps that I speak Spanish because some of the humor can get lost in translation. Which brings me to my first point: What market are you going for. I'm guessing a Spanish speaking one. If not, go with English. You would lose the "no Nintendo" humor. :) However, a lot of humor is the facial expressions/body language of the actors. You lose that, if you have to read sub-titles.

I understand it is a pilot done with your friends, but I would try to tighten up the comedy. Or don't call it a comedy and let the comedy that's there sell itself. Kind of like Gold Rush, the earlier seasons. That wasn't a comedy, but the guys were so retarded, I couldn't help but laugh at them.

I watched the whole thing. Thought it was funny. It probably helps that I speak Spanish because some of the humor can get lost in translation. Which brings me to my first point: What market are you going for. I'm guessing a Spanish speaking one. If not, go with English. You would lose the "no Nintendo" humor. :) However, a lot of humor is the facial expressions/body language of the actors. You lose that, if you have to read sub-titles.

I understand it is a pilot done with your friends, but I would try to tighten up the comedy. Or don't call it a comedy and let the comedy that's there sell itself. Kind of like Gold Rush, the earlier seasons. That wasn't a comedy, but the guys were so retarded, I couldn't help but laugh at them.

Thank you so much for watching. If not comedy, I'm not sure what category to place it in. I'm shooting for that dry, the office humor... That awkward humor.

Episode 2, btw, is now out :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lkUXS9bGzoM
EPISODE 2 (public)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UM9qe6OosRc
EPISODE 1 (public)

Last edited:
I watched the whole episode and found it funny. I read the subtitles and it works. It being in spanish makes it funny knowing the dynamics of cultural relations right now in the USAUS. Ill definitely try to speak to telemundo and UnivisiĆ³n to produce and keep it set in New York since their studios are in miami. The roommate who yall thought was black and turned out to be Dominican was a trip. Sheds light that theres more than one type of Dominican.

I watched the whole episode and found it funny. I read the subtitles and it works. It being in spanish makes it funny knowing the dynamics of cultural relations right now in the USAUS. Ill definitely try to speak to telemundo and UnivisiĆ³n to produce and keep it set in New York since their studios are in miami. The roommate who yall thought was black and turned out to be Dominican was a trip. Sheds light that theres more than one type of Dominican.

Hey Freddy, thank you so much for taking the time to check it out. Any hep in getting this to another level would be GREATLY appreciated. Did you have a chance to check out the second episode?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkUXS9bGzoM

I am currently looking to film the third the weekend of the 17th. But trying to find a crew that can elevate the look and feel of it.

Thanks again for passing on the word!

Hey Freddy, thank you so much for taking the time to check it out. Any hep in getting this to another level would be GREATLY appreciated. Did you have a chance to check out the second episode?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkUXS9bGzoM

I am currently looking to film the third the weekend of the 17th. But trying to find a crew that can elevate the look and feel of it.

Thanks again for passing on the word!
I dont have any juice but i mean if i was you all, I'll hit them up. I will watch the second episode just busy trying to shoot my short.

Back