• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

GIVE ME THE POWER TO MAKE SOMETHING EPIC! LOW BUDGET WITH A BIG PAYOUT!

You're doing it all wrong... first you have to make something then show it to people so they see what you're capable of... then ask for money!

:weird:

I've donated to many other projects, all the actors will work for free but I want to take care of them. You might never understand what I see, but one day you will.

No one disputes you want to take care of them, doesn't everyone?

He can we judge you based on your imagination maybe you should film one scene and then show us a taster..

OK dude, I've donated $10 and shared on FB & T. Now get promoting like crazy so you can reach your goal.

Maybe give facebook ads a go? and try connecting to horror circles on google+ etc

Yeah, I am promoting like crazy we have 110 dollars with 19 days left, so I think we're doing good because I have someone donating around 300 next week. I am hoping to do a very well job on this project, we just had auditions yesterday and had over 30 people come and over 80 online submissions.

A success! Congrats on getting more than you needed.

How about a lttle insight into who donated and how you found them
or they found you. Friends and family or total strangers?

Well, I am impressed with the nearly sixteen thousand views this has received in a week.

Very impressive for what appears from the outside to be such a small project.

What are some of the factors to which you attribute this volume of attention?

I have to say this: Anthony's (The Films Director) positive attitude is contagious. He also is one of the most driven person's I've ever had the pleasure to work with. If he wasn't filming, he's promoting/networking or setting up the cast/crew for the next film date. And he keeps everyone involved constantly updated on what's happening. I don't think he sleeps :P

What's the difference between a director who gets the film finished and one who never gets out of preproduction? Hmmm....If someone can quantify/qualify IT they should be writing how-to books :)

DD

Oh my lord. Everyone tried to cut Anthony down, saying no one would give money, Blair Witch-esque films suck, he has nothing to offer, etc.

Well looks to me like his heart alone got him somewhere.

It amazes me how quick some of you were to cut this guy down; although I do agree with some of the things that some of you said.

I've donated money to many projects in the past in order to help them achieve their respective fundraising goals, but I must say, I would never support a found footage project, as I, personally, do not like that particular sub-genre.

However, I would like to personally congratulate Anthony on not just successfully reaching his goal, but also having someone as accomplished as Josh Stolberg critique his work once it's complete.

Maybe if some of you guys who spent time cutting Anthony down would have focused more on promoting your own projects, 1) you wouldn't feel like an idiot right now, and 2) you would have the vast feeling of accomplishment I would assume Anthony has right now.

Oh my lord. Everyone tried to cut Anthony down,
Very few of the people here tried cut him down. Most offered
constructive criticism (some were harsh) but most wanted him
to succeed and offered their help.

I've donated money to many projects in the past in order to help them achieve their respective fundraising goals, but I must say, I would never support a found footage project, as I, personally, do not like that particular sub-genre.
Which is what a couple of people said. You aren't cutting him down.
Why do you say "everyone" who said they wouldn't donate to a
found footage project tried to cut him down? You would never support
a found footage project.

Maybe if some of you guys who spent time cutting Anthony down would have focused more on promoting your own projects, 1) you wouldn't feel like an idiot right now, and 2) you would have the vast feeling of accomplishment I would assume Anthony has right now.
I cannot speak for anyone else but because I posted on this thread
and I am one of the "everyone" you said tried to cut him down I will
speak for myself; I do not feel like an idiot now. I was the first to
congratulate him on his crowd funding success. My intent was not
to "cut him down" - it was to offer my opinion on his campaign.

The majority of the people who posted were cautious but supportive of
Anthony. A few were not. Why did you only see those who were not and
accuse everyone of trying to cut him down?

I noticed you, directorik, tried to be supportive and provide constructive criticism, but many doubted him and told him his campaign was to for sure fail and he wouldn't recieve donations. Everyone (or almost everyone) should admit that everyone (or again, almost everyone) in the thread was wrong, didn't believe in Anthony, and said a few things or more that could have tarnished Anthony's confidence.

I have no bias towards Anthony or against anyone else, I just see him as a filmmaker with lots of heart, and find it very ironic that he pulled through despite lots of negativity.

@Rayw, having a great cast that shares the word around, being in a group with 25k members, and believing in the project. I am already done with the script for Part 2.

@JHar888, Thank you.

You may doubt me once, but never twice.

- Anthony Daniel.

For the record.. despite it probably looking like I was cutting him down, my entire point was one shouldn't be seeking funding for their first project, especially if the amount they're looking for is pretty easy to come by on their own with a little side job, or from friends/family.

:)

Back