• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Scripts

Mr. Shaw,
You might be interested in logging onto www.inktip.com. They have a free section there of hundreds of short scripts for sale. My Short Script. "The Return Of Jerry Sommers", is posted there. Incidentally, I have 3 feature length Scripts posted there that have elements of Sci-Fi and Fantasy. :)
Chuck Kerrigan

Thanks for the link, that will be extremely useful :) I am also looking for a great script for a feature film.

ReflectionPerfection

Please find a resume and loglines pasted below. May I ask: do you have funding to option/purchase/produce a feature film? Have you ever produced a film before? Do you have an IMDB page?

Thanks.

Best,

Rob Tobin
scripts@earthlink.net

Rob Tobin
Huntington Beach, California • 717-4289/scripts@earthlink.net

Resume

Screenwriting
• “Camel Wars” in development with “Die Hard” director John McTiernan attached to direct, $40 million budget in place, 2011 release date.
• “Dam 999,” Indian feature in production as of 3/1/10, script polish and consult.
• “Better Than Human,” feature drama written for Living Earth Productions.
• “Across the Red Line,” sports action feature rewritten for the Cannell Studios.
• “Guard of Honor,” treatment written for the Cannell Studios and Midnight Soldiers Prods (based on bestselling novel).
• “Zen Cowboy,” feature comedy written for Triad Films.
• “Time for Joy,” sitcom pilot and one episode written for Riviera Entertainment.
• “I Love Ludo,” half-hour sitcom pilot, written for Bu West Productions.
• 16 spec feature scripts completed, various genres

Books
• How to Write High Structure, High Concept Movies (Xlibris Press).
• Screenwriting: The Formula (Writers Digest Books).
• God Wars: Living With Angels, Book One of the God Wars Series (Echelon Press, 2010).
• Quebracho.
• The Statue Moves.

DVDs
• “The Seven Essential Elements of a Successful Screenplay” (Creative Screenwriting Magazine, produced 2005)
• “Credible Dialogue” (Creative Screenwriting Magazine, produced 2006)

Screenwriting Competitions
• Best Screenplay, Telluride Indiefest (2004)
• Semi-Finalist, Project Greenlight ((2004)
• Semi-Finalist, American Screenwriting Competition (2006)
• Quarter Finalist, Page Screenwriting Competition (2006)
• Quarter Finalist American Screenwriting Competition (2006)
• Quarter Finalist Screenwriting Expo Screenwriting Competition (2005)

Related Experience
• VP of Development, Interpreter Films & Management/Writers Boot Camp
• Director of Development, Motion Picture Division, The Cannell Studios
• Director of Development, Midnight Soldiers Productions
• Story Editor, Freddie Fields Productions
• Freelance reader, TriStar, Interscope, Spelling, Turner, HBO, Goldwyn, et al.

Education
• M.A. in Professional Writing, USC, Los Angeles, CA
• B.A. in Creative Writing, UVic, Victoria, Canada

LOGLINES:
(Rom Com) “Bach Rocks” A rock star is arrested for a DUI and is sentenced to three months of hard time… at a classical music conservatory.

(Dramedy) “Balls of Different Sizes” Semi-finalist Project Greenlight, Semi-Finalist American Screenwriting Competition. A powerful and touchingly comical dramedy in which a dyslexic teenaged boy with a tough-guy attitude joins a girls’ softball team only to discover that the girls are tougher than he is, that it’s okay to ask for help, and that there is crying in softball.

(Rom Com) “The Life and Times of Lesbian Alien Opera Singers,” Winner, Telluride Indiefest. “Get Shorty” meets “Entourage.” Four studios spend a billion dollars on a script no-one has actually read, and a failed screenwriter is asked by his treacherous ex-lover-turned-producer to save the day. When she screws him over again, he starts the wildest battle Hollywood never wrote, complete with flying Oscars, a star-studded revolt and an answer to the age-old question: “Are those real?”

(Rom Com) “Spokes.” "Ghost" meets "Sideways" in this "Sleepless in Sonoma" romantic comedy. A billionaire widower trying to cope with his grief by obsessively riding his exercise bicycle, is invited to compete in the Tour de France.

(Political Comedy) “Truthies” Quarter-Finalist, Screenwriting Expo Screenwriting Competition. A political comedy in which the American President is accidentally infected with a virus that forces him to tell the truth--and he’s contagious!

(Horror, SF, Action) “God Wars: Living with Angels” An embittered, paraplegic young woman gains magical powers and uses them to battle evil, but instead awakens a demon she can’t resist, an angel she can’t trust, and a race of invincible three-foot tall aliens she has to defeat to save the universe – and her own soul. She has justice in her hands… and she’s pissed!

(Fantasy) “Back to the Garden” Quarter-Finalist, American Screenwriting Competition. An atheistic archeologist discovers the Garden of Eden, revives Adam and then Eve, with whom he falls madly in love, only to discover that the fate of Mankind depends on defeating Satan, reuniting the bickering Adam and Eve, and helping them lead a million naked New Yorkers back to the Garden.

(Drama) “Freedom Cafe” A wounded Iraq War veteran's terrible childhood secret is slowly revealed as he undergoes psychotherapy as part of his rehabilitation.

(Dramedy) “Performing Love” Two estranged daughters of an abusive father meet for his funeral to try to resolve the anger they feel toward him and each other.

(Action, Political Thriller) “The Server” Quarter-Finalist, American Screenwriting Competition. An extreme sports Gen-X process server who never quite grew up, is framed for murder and must use his Xtreme skills to find the real killer – a terrorist with a nuclear bomb and a ticket to the world’s largest theme park.

(Mixed Live Action, Animation) “Just Imagine” “Roger Rabbit” meets “The Lord of the Rings” in this magical, action-filled story of a reclusive wood carver who must bring his carvings to life to do battle with wacky but deadly demons intent on conquering the world.

(Horror) “Grampire” A dying old man is given a second chance at “life” when he’s bitten by a vampire.

(Drama) “Sweetheart” A newly divorced man seeks out the high school sweetheart he has not seen in twenty years and ends up finding her, her husband and the mobster who wants to kill them all.

(30 page drama) “The Audition” A reality television super-producer is trapped in a freight elevator with a group of desperate performers who would kill to be on her show… literally.

That's all very interesting :) I have an imdb page - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2776542/

I've produced a feature film - Musik. As of this moment, I am currently raising finance for our next project. I do like the sound of Balls of Different Sizes as a highlight of the ones you've mentioned.

That's all very interesting :) I have an imdb page - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2776542/

I've produced a feature film - Musik. As of this moment, I am currently raising finance for our next project. I do like the sound of Balls of Different Sizes as a highlight of the ones you've mentioned.

I am so sorry, I have not checked this sight in months and did not realize that responses here did not automatically go to my email, so your interest in "Balls of Different Sizes" has gone unanswered. If you are still interested in seeing the script, please do contact me at scripts@earthlink.net and I can send you a pdf of the script.

Thanks and, again, sorry. BTW, feel free to Google or IMDB me, I currently have a feature at Cannes set for an August release, another feature in development and just has my latest novel published.

Best,

Rob Tobin
scripts@earthlink.net

Back