Video Editing Control Module

Should I want to use a video editing controller? I'm familiar with using the controls within the software. Just wondered about the table top control module and if it had some advantages.

lol, yer a sensitive feller... relax mang

the other day a neighbors dog yanked away its leash and lunged at my dog.

I had to kick their dog 3 times to stop mine from getting bit.
it kept coming so i kept kicking all while yelling "get away from my dog!!" :lol::lol:

but even while I was yelling and kicking I was confident in my restraint and I didn't break anything on the other dog ;)

The Wacom tablet has been an absolute joy for me, for the way I work and the way I think in the edit suite.

I have one. I never got the hang of it. It sits there collecting dust. I look at it whenever I'm tempted to buy new gadgets. It's saved me so much money over the years ;)

I fell in love with the concept with Quantel Editbox (this was 2001/2002) and added one to my FCP2 system. I’ve never looked back.

Unfortunately I was recruited into another industry before those years, so I missed that part of history.

I have one. I never got the hang of it. It sits there collecting dust. I look at it whenever I'm tempted to buy new gadgets. It's saved me so much money over the years ;)

Unfortunately I was recruited into another industry before those years, so I missed that part of history.

You never got the hang of it?

It’s certainly not for everyone. For me, it thinks the way I do. The familiar “pen and paper” hand position also means I can blaze through edits and move straight into adding text without putting down the stylus.

I started on those old U-matics. Linear editing brings back memories...

Wow, showing your age.

I'm no spring chicken myself. I remember 8, 16 and 24 track reel to reel analog audio tape. I remember rearranging songs via razor blade. Then in the 80's striping one track with SMPTE to sync with sequencers. Adjusting to mixing to DAT (Digital Audio Tape).

What I miss about the old analog days is the warmth of the sound.

Wow, showing your age.

I'm no spring chicken myself. I remember 8, 16 and 24 track reel to reel analog audio tape. I remember rearranging songs via razor blade. Then in the 80's striping one track with SMPTE to sync with sequencers. Adjusting to mixing to DAT (Digital Audio Tape).

What I miss about the old analog days is the warmth of the sound.

That warm sound,... Wow, you are absolutely right!

If I was using Premiere Pro or Final Cut, I would download a control surface app on my iPad. Since I run Resolve, I will eventually get either the DaVinci or the Tangent surface. The Tangent is cheaper, but the DaVinci is designed specifically for Resolve.

It's the artist, not the brush that counts. Knowing what button to push is worthless without practicing the theories of editing regardless of software.

Just edit. Little things like devices don't make anyone a better editor.

It's the artist, not the brush that counts. Knowing what button to push is worthless without practicing the theories of editing regardless of software.

Just edit. Little things like devices don't make anyone a better editor.

True, but they can make you a more efficient one. Better tools simply allow the artist to realize his/her vision quicker/smoother/easier, hence better. I anticipate my new (to me) DaVinci Resolve Panel will make bumbling my way through Fusion's motion graphics much less painful. As a bonus, I can use it for color grading and editing.

Back