• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Some Dreams They Forgot

I uploaded an oldie from when I was a student.
An experimental video calles 'Some Dreams They Forgot', based on the organic art in Zeewolde: upside down trees in the forest.
I made it with 2 of my friends and to be honest: when we started we didn't know it would be like this. :lol:

The flies in the beginnin are actually birds.
In Premiere Pro CS1 frame blending was introduced when you sped up footage and we had no idea how to disable it. (The first project in the new software)
So I suggested to add the sound of flies :P

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9UxcP-1RXY

Thanks!

This project had an interesting way of becoming complete.

The 3 of decided that the upside down trees would be the subject.
I cut out the trees from the pictures we took and shot the skies to use as a background. The other went to a forest to shoot over a hour of footage of trees, bushes, branches, ground and water.
And we still had no real plan, lol.

The forest footage was shot with a cheap DV-camcorder and the colors weren't so nice, so we made it all black and white.
We were editing from 5 pm till 4 am for a few days in a row (during daytime we had classes).
One of my friends suddenly started to make a repeatative sequence with 2 frame shots.
(We edited in turns: 1 person editing, the others having fun with the playstation next to the editmachine.)
We liked the rhythmic effect, so he made more of them.
Then I took over and 'arranged' it and added the calm parts as if it were a song. (Actually, without we were aware of it, this project would fit in the category 'visual music'.)
We used all kinds of downloaded sounds of flies, birds and nature and repeated them as well, giving it a unnatural sound.
I recorded the high slow synth: spent over an hour to create that sound with various 19" hardware reverbs and fx connected to my old Roland synth.
The rest of the music was made by Ewout: he is great at making dark ambient stuff.

So it's an experimental video because of it's cotent, but also because the way it was created was kind of an experiment :P
When it all came together we saw the video fitted the concept of the artist:
nature keeps moving on, while the upside down trees are frozen in time.

Back