• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch BMPCC No-Budget Feature Film

Hello Indie Filmmakers. I wanted to share this "Making of" video for a no-budget sci-fi feature that I've just finished directing with my brother. It took 5 years from start to finish and we shot entirely on the original bmpcc, 90% on a single lens (28mm Super Takumar) and just wanted to share this behind the scenes look with the community.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98OjVF48JAw

And if anyone's interested here's the trailer to the finished film:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j-PzuxcKcc

If anyone has any questions about the production I'd love to tell you more!
Many Thanks
Elliot

Thank you very much! I've been reading IndieTalk threads for years! But this actually my first time joining and posting anything.

We've just started submitting to the festival circuit for 2019 and our plan is to release on VoD and SVoD in 2019 as well.

Looks (and sounds) really interesting and exciting film. Well done. Many low budjet films have problems with this but this one seems to have nice suspense and is something that for instance I would like to see.

Damn! this one looks like a studio movie with decent budget! congrats.

Almost all indie projects I watch don't have this dramatic effect in their movies( They look raw). How did you manage to have this cinematic effects in your shots? did you tamper a lot with the lighting while shooting, or did you apply certain post production textures and colors to your scenes?

Last edited:
Looks (and sounds) really interesting and exciting film. Well done. Many low budjet films have problems with this but this one seems to have nice suspense and is something that for instance I would like to see.

Thank you very much. We really appreciate you taking the time to check out the videos and give your honest thoughts and feedback. It means a lot to us after all this time. Cheers.

Damn! this one looks like a studio movie with decent budget! congrats.

Almost all indie shorts I watch don't have this dramatic effect in their movies( They look raw). How did you manage to have this cinematic effects in your shots? did you tamper a lot with the lighting while shooting, or did you apply certain post production textures and colors to your scenes?

Well, damn! What an awesome comment! Thank you, truly. We did a lot of high key lighting and used lots of colour on location instead of trying to force the colour into the grade. I think that helped make it look quite bold and not overly graded. We also shot mainly on wider angle lenses (mainly a 28mm) and although that seems counter intuitive and most link the cinematic look with a shallow depth of field, we actually think the opposite can work just as well. So by shooting wider angles and blocking the actors to move within the shots, we hoped for a more stylised, traditional style. We like that effect, and it's cool to connect with someone who enjoys it too.

Thanks for making the effort to check out our work and get in touch.

The movie better be as good as that trailer, then, I see good things for you guys! :)

The movie better be as good as that trailer, then, I see good things for you guys! :)

Woah! You're the founder! :bow: That's crazy, thank you very much for taking the time to check out the trailer. Really awesome of you. And lol, yeah, hopeful the film delivers on the trailer promise, thank you :thumbsup:

I forgot it was an indie production.
This looks and sounds great and actors are good too.
Trailer was full of tension and I forgot that this is not a Hollywood movie.
What a great camera work! Audio was also great. Editing is superb.

Back