• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Eddie Murphy Hosting Oscars

I like how you link everything to your blog.

----------
I was hoping for Bill Murray as Oscar host. Eddie will do fine though.

When Chris Rock hosted it was a disaster. A veteran comedian like Murphy can do it though. Steve Martin kills it whenever he hosts. I'm looking forward to it.

The last time I watched the oscars Billy Crystal was hosting. Whenever that was???

Just checked, it was probably one of the times in the 90's.

Last edited:
I thought he and Joan Rivers hosted the Oscars in the 80's? Perhaps it was some other award show. I don't watch the Oscars. Too long. Too boring.

I watch the Oscars. Though they have been really touch and go, imo, on quality these past few years.

Eddie Murphy could be good, we'll see what his writers and producers decide. You'd think a seasoned comedian would be a shoe-in to do a great job, but lest we not forget the Steve Martin & Alec Baldwin debacle of 2010. (Actually that may not be fair, that was the year they made a lot of stupid and awkward changes to the format.)

I admit though, I'm a bit disappointed. Billy Crystal said he was open to hosting this year. He's the king of the oscars.

Eddie Murphy is funny but I'm not sure how well suited that comedy will be to the Oscars format.

Like Dready I watch every year and have been really disappointed recently (especially with Hathaway and Franco which was like a giant piss take) so I'm pleased they're going back to a single traditional comedian.

Still, where's Ricky Gervais in all this?

Back