• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Crime-Drama Screenplay Collaboration

Hello! Like many people on here, I am looking for others to work with and build some work experience.
Specifically, I am looking for writers, and those interested in crime type shows.
I have a few ideas, but nothing final, I was hoping the full concept could be formulated and agreed upon by whoever chooses to help collaborate.
For the script, I am thinking of differentiating from typical crime shows and really stand out, similar to True Detective. The tone and atmosphere of that show really sets it apart from all others.
Anyway, if interested, contact me.
Thanks

As a huge fan of TD and that show's whole way of doing things (dialogue and character driven, almost to a fault) I'd definitely be interested in working on something like this if there was a realistic chance of it ever being made. So are you planning to make it, or just write it for the practice?

^^^That's the million dollar question. OP, if you are not planning to make the pilot at least you need to realize that this will most likely be a writing sample as no-name writers selling shows is rare. So then, you're left with a writing sample for a writing duo who may have only paired up for the one project and are not planning to work as a pair in the long run. If that's okay with everyone involved then you will probably have a great learning process that helps both parties in their craft.

However, I think more people in this venue will be interested if it's something that will go into production, even if it's a youtube thing. Have you thought this far out yet or still working on it?

Thank you everyone for the questions and interests. Unfortunately, I do not have the resources to film it myself. I would really like to write it with the hopes of it being produced by either a co-writer or any other party. I am sorry that I cannot make 100% promises regarding the possibility of this being turned into a film/series, but I feel with the best writing and storytelling (similar to TD, as stated above) and good promotion, that there is a decent chance it will get discovered. Overall, yes, I feel this would be great practice and a knowledgeable experience altogether.
If anyone is still interested, please let me know.

Back