• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

An idea for a live-action or animated sci-fi crime-drama.

So, I like crime-drama's like NCIS (through I don't watch the show regularly) and generally like the mystery/crime drama. I want to get into entertainment, after being a production assistant for an high school play, and thought a web series would be nice.

Thus, I present an idea for an live-action (preferably,if not animated through it depends on what is more affordable for an indie web series) crime series set in the futuristic city of Gaia (On Gaia, it's the entire planet besides a radioactive wasteland in the south) which is entirely urban city and polluted to hell thanks to liberal use of weapons of mass destruction and unregulated pollution from centuries before FTL (Called Flipspace inuniverse) was discovered. Now Gaia is the capital of the Republic of Gaia, with the Government and Upper class districts being less polluted and advanced then the industrial district and slums due to very expensive towers called Spires which filter out pollution much like the appendix filter out toxins (At least, I think that's what the appendix does) or the Kidney with alcohol.

The series will center around a new detective working for the Gendarmerie, a military service tasked with policing Gaia and protecting high ranking officials, quelling riots and fighting invaders if Gaia is ever invaded by a organized military force. Most of the series will center around this detective (Who is black, because fuck stereotypes) dealing with corrupt bureaucrats and Gendarmerie, Corporate thugs, religious fanatics/terrorist, hitmen and Wanderers (people who live in the Wasteland beyond the city.)

Of course he and his posse may go off-world into the colonies, which are constantly rebelling, seeing that the Republic of Gaia does not have a tight control over it's sovereign territory having to fight off warlords, pirates and Mega-Corporations along with dealing with small independent nations and the natives of their colonies.

So, thoughts?

Back