movies What's the last film you watched? And rate it!

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (2011) - N/A

I enjoyed watching this movie but I'll have to wait until I am 70 to give this a proper review. Until then I can not fix that chair if you like.

Watched 3 movies this weekend.

1) Central Station (1998/Brazilian movie. 9/10. Heart-warming story)
2) The Tunnel (2001/German movie. 9/10. Exciting escape drama)
3) Wrongfully Accused (1998. 6/10. Spoof of 'The Fugitive' and few other movies. Nice way to end the week after watching 2 serious movies)

Were they on more than one planet in the original series?
I sometimes think of the 1st movie as Joey in Space.

Well.. I assume in the original series they were in space a good chunk of time?
in this series they spend about 60 seconds in space, crash and don't even attempt to leave the planet until the final episode

Well.. I assume in the original series they were in space a good chunk of time?
in this series they spend about 60 seconds in space, crash and don't even attempt to leave the planet until the final episode

That's actually the same as the original series' first season, except in the original they get stranded in episode 3. Apparently it took them until season 3 to go full-on planet hopping.

Last edited:
That's actually the same as the original series' first season, except in the original they get stranded in episode 3. Apparently it took them until season 3 to go full-on planet hopping.

Makes sense then.
My only exposure to the franchise was the feature film 20 years ago

The Shape of Water (2/10)
I want to thank the Academy for finally recognizing Ed Woods best movie to date. All it takes is some staging and camera choreography that loosely mimics the 2014 picture Birdman and then just like that it's a win!

The Greatest Showman (5/10)
The thing I like most about the movie is that it did not waste time in the editing room.

A Quiet Place (2018) 7.5/10

Solid movie. If you like edge of your seat kind of moments this movie keeps it scary. I want to say a few things about the plot holes but it would spoil it for those who have not seen it. Maybe I'll say something later on. :D

Cat People (1942) 9/10

Ok, I have to admit that I am rating this movie very high but I had a blast watching this story. The serious tone and mix of cheesy horror makes for a great combination in the 40s. Everyone seems to have been thinking this movie was going to be really scary back in the day. The drama caused by the characters falling in love seems modern to me (like many soap operas) which just adds to the humor but also gives it a sense of realism. I remember one of the characters saying something like "I've never felt sad until this moment. All my life I've been happy." Also I love the part where one of the women looks like a cat. Hahhaa. This movie is now on my top 10 list. I'll have to watch it again just to make sure I didn't miss anything.

The Shape of Water (2/10)
I want to thank the Academy for finally recognizing Ed Woods best movie to date. All it takes is some staging and camera choreography that loosely mimics the 2014 picture Birdman and then just like that it's a win!
Do you mean Ed Wood & Del Toro are comparable directors?
What parts in Birdman & Water have similar staging & camera choreography?

Patterns (1956)

9/10

Very good movie. Reminds me of a few real life situations. If this was made in 2018 it would be a hit. To me it's smarter than "Mad Men".

I would like to see this movie. How did you watch this movie? I have Amazon Prime & Hulu and it's not there.

Avengers Infinity War

4/5

Decent flick but thanos plan of killing half the universe is pretty silly bc he wants it done at random.
You rly can't think of a merit based system for this, some kid of metric? lol

It's avengers though so its a great film. Nice seeing thor with the guardians.

What they need to do in part 2 is give a backstory as to why he wanted it done.

They gave the backstory in the first one..

He warned his planet of the impending doom, that they needed to control the population. No one listened to him and the planet was destroyed. Now he is radicalized with his burden of knowledge about what must be done to save all the other planets. This was revealed in the part with the reality stone.

The Night of the Hunter (1955) 8/10

This movie is crazy. It's very memorable. It reminds me of a possible Tim Burton horror film. The lighting and camera work go well with the subject matter. I can't say it's one of my favorite films after a first watch but it's worth watching at least once. It really shows how "love" and "hate" can tear apart a community.

Back