Viruses on DailyMotion's Web Site

Has anyone else gotten or seen computer viruese on DailyMotion's website? Two or maybe three of my videos got infected. I don't think I will be doing much with them anymore. The ones on their main page are of the most concern for viruese.

They've also added adware on my page with them. That's not cool.

I don't think your domain name was transferred as that is a lengthy process to get it back called a UDRP (Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy). What may have happened is they were able to change the DNS, or move it to another host, etc.

I have heard of "hacking" being as simple as someone calling a hosting company and pretending to be the owner of a domain. Often times they do not even ask security questions. Make sure your are secure at your host and they are not lax with security.

I often get pissed when I call a company and the let me start asking questions about my account without any verification. Many times also, it is as simple as your email address or bithday, um, which anyone can get from social media.

Check it out and make sure you are secure at your host and they verify correctly!

WalterB, I am using Avira and Spybot.

IndieTalk, The Domain Name company recommends the Web Host beef up their firewall. I don't click on links in emails for anyone because there is too much phishing email scams out there to steal identities. I go to the website myself and contact companies myself.

There is a bullitian out about Wi-Fi even with VPN encryption not being safe for hackers to steal passwords.

WalterB,

That's true. It's best not to view private data with Wi-Fi in public places like airports just for that reason.

Looks like that between Alvira and Spybot, they rooted out the virus. Several days in a row of clean virus scans and no reoccurances.

Back