(free) Classical and modern composer/producer looking for experience

Hello everyone!
My name is Josh and I am a music composer with over 10 years training in piano, guitar, arrangement, theory and over 5 years in music production. I write a lot of "organic" electronic music under the name Alphaflux, but my passion is in broadening my abilities and becoming a composer for shorts and eventually film, games or TV.

My focus is towards emotive composition and production, trying to evoke feeling within the music I create. I have tried to find video content without a soundtrack to hone my skills and write alongside film but without any luck. I am asking if you guys and gals wouldn't mind working with me at no cost so I can build a portfolio, and you can receive a custom soundtrack for your short that you are hopefully happy with for no cost.

I'm passionate about music and driven to do this. I lack a production portfolio of scenes I have composed for but I know what soundtracks need and what they don't, so as a general idea here is some of my work as a musician outside of writing for a unique piece of film.
https://soundcloud.com/alpha-flux/sets/atmospheric

This set in general contains more traditional/classical themed compositions
https://soundcloud.com/alpha-flux/sets/soundtrack

I look forward to speaking with you guys/gals

Last edited:
I like your tone in the tracks. I'm actually in the process of directing a feature film, which I wrote. We should link up. We could do business together.

Thanks for replying, Quality.

While I don't doubt that it would be a great deal of experience for me to compose for a feature length film, it would also be my first time working directly with film. Composing for a 90-120 minute runtime would also require an immense amount of time and work that currently I do not have.

I should have mentioned in my post that I am looking to work with filmographers for shorts not full length so my apologies, but thank you for getting in contact and I wish you all the best on your upcoming film.

Last edited:
Oh I will be - i'm looking to gain as much hands-on experience as I can so I won't be disappearing anytime soon. I'd be more than happy to work with you in the future on some shorts.

Back