UAV Domination: Saving NYC

Today, RJYMProductions brings you UAV Domination. This film takes place when an enemy UAV Drone must be stopped before time runs out. Why? Because it's going to crash straight into New York City.

Thanks for watching this video by RJYMProductions. Want to see more? Hit the subscribe button, and spread it around. Leave us a like if you really appreciated the video. Remember, were uploading videos more frequently nowadays and could use the support. Thank you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsNWTgXc-bU

https://www.youtube.com/user/RJYMProductions

actually posted 4x
at this point i'm expecting a fifth.

damn dude slow your roll - is this your first time ever posting on an internet forum or something?

Correct. I just remember being young, and a couple of the comments would've frightened me off - such as sfoster's, which seems pretty harmless, but could be misread.

You are right of course, but lets not scare a young/new filmmaker (sorry if you're not that young op)

I meant it as a legitimate question. I've never seen a forum where it's okay to make the same thread 4x

Do so many people really care? Sure i'll post less next time but i'm trying to spread my videos.
Yes. It's against the rules. It takes up server space (however small, but it's not you paying for that server) and clutters up the forum. Also, you're adding clutter to sections where it shouldn't be posted (also against the rules). Most people use the home page (the one if you click the indietalk logo) and seeing your thread 4/5 times in a row can just be kind of annoying, and adds to the stuff people scroll through to find other threads. The forum has pretty consistent users (not many casual users who just pop in now and then), so people will see your stuff if you just post in the one place. You're not adding much to your video doing this, you're going to annoy the people who will help you. If you'd just posted this once, in the correct forum, you'd have received more constructive feedback.

... but i'm trying to spread my videos.

So should we take that to mean that you're only posting this here to try and boost your YouTube hits?

If that's the case, please know that filmmaker forums like this are collaborative efforts: communities of filmmakers, both from hobbyists and beginners to working professionals, who share ideas and feedback. The experienced filmmakers around here are happy to lend constructive criticism for any beginner's videos, but if you're not interested in feedback and really only want the traffic to your YT page, forget about it because that means you're not here to be part of the community, just to be a spammer.

If you'd just posted this once, in the correct forum, you'd have received more constructive feedback.

^^ THIS

Less is more.
If you post and no one responds, bump the thread in a day or two rather than creating a new one.

How do you feel about spammers? Do you want to reach out and take time out of your day to help people who are spamming you?

So should we take that to mean that you're only posting this here to try and boost your YouTube hits?

If that's the case, please know that filmmaker forums like this are collaborative efforts: communities of filmmakers, both from hobbyists and beginners to working professionals, who share ideas and feedback. The experienced filmmakers around here are happy to lend constructive criticism for any beginner's videos, but if you're not interested in feedback and really only want the traffic to your YT page, forget about it because that means you're not here to be part of the community, just to be a spammer.

^^^

Obviously, it's hard to judge any user who doesn't have many posts and what their intentions are, but a quick look at his 9 posts, they're all of the same nature - including another video that was re-posted twice. (Well, he posted it in the correct place, and then made a different thread elsewhere to get people to go to the original post)

I understand the OP is young, so I like to give younger users the benefit of the doubt and I like to be gentle with them, as much as possible. However, if he is here to just hawk his videos without being a member of the community, then that's the kind of user that frustrates me here.

I don't view indietalk as a site to only advertise my videos to people. In the future I will be asking questions related to filming tips and ideas. I don't need everyone saying i'm spamming the site. I get it and next time I will post wiser.

Back