• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch 3D Spaceship for Super AI Design

I see. That white glowing spaceship you posted threw me off. That seems like a better angle.

The white spaceship was one idea I was considering. Because on a 4K Retina iMac display, the white changes like crystals under a light to refract blue, magenta, and green waves of light like a lens or crystal actually bends light into other colors. I guess it didn't translate over the Internet.

No I can totally see the color changes on the white space ship, it does not look natural. I'm sure you spent a lot of time on it, but it looks like it could be in a cartoon, not live action. The light is throbbing, and it looks more like a sketch before something is done. I wasn't sure what it was.

No I can totally see the color changes on the white space ship, it does not look natural. I'm sure you spent a lot of time on it, but it looks like it could be in a cartoon, not live action. The light is throbbing, and it looks more like a sketch before something is done. I wasn't sure what it was.

I agree.
The texture looks more like a sugar candy than a machine.

The link youposted is about 3ds files not opening because they were saved by another program.
That is not the same as textures not loading.

I agree.
The texture looks more like a sugar candy than a machine.

The link youposted is about 3ds files not opening because they were saved by another program.
That is not the same as textures not loading.

As I said, it didn't translate over the Internet. Looks more crystal like in 4 K than the 720 p version I posted on the Internet.

The article below talks about issues with TGA textures.

https://hitfilm.com/forum/discussion/6101/3d-model-importing-texture-problems

Last edited:
I have the same issue with this model with both Blender and HitFilm, which is why I am sounding the alarm. I will take another shot at it with Daz 3D. If it doesn't work for Daz 3D, I will start considering my backup plan.

Daz 3D seems to support more formats than HitFilm and Blender.

Last edited:
Look.
It opens the model without the textures, right?
Did you try and covert the textures and then apply them?
tga is just an image file: all textures are image files. If hitfilm can't open tga, try jpg, tiff or whatever works.

Have you ever imported an object and applied textures to it?
I'm no expert on 3D, I took those classes not to become a 3D animator, but to be able to communicate with them on a technical level. Textures are always a PITA, IMO, unless you really know how to apply them.
You can try every free or not free 3D program out there: in most cases you'll still have to apply the textures yourself.

Last edited:
That EBay seller seems okay, but be careful.
If you're unhappy with it, you pay for return shipping to the Philippines. $30(?), 2-3 weeks to get there?
Is that time counted as part of the 30 days in which you need to return it?
Will they give you a full or partial refund if you go past 30 days?

I ordered a defective product from someone in China & they exchanged it with something also defective.
It took several weeks.
By the time I wanted to file a complaint, EBay said it was too long since the original purchase.
It's a loophole that prevents their seller rating from getting lowered.

Look.
It opens the model without the textures, right?
Did you try and covert the textures and then apply them?
tga is just an image file: all textures are image files. If hitfilm can't open tga, try jpg, tiff or whatever works.

Have you ever imported an object and applied textures to it?
I'm no expert on 3D, I took those classes not to become a 3D animator, but to be able to communicate with them on a technical level. Textures are always a PITA, IMO, unless you really know how to apply them.
You can try every free or not free 3D program out there: in most cases you'll still have to apply the textures yourself.

Blender seems to get the textures right on more models than HitFilm. HitFilm does have the New Blue Fx plugin that allows some additional coloring options.

However, for something critical like getting a jewel texture right to make a crystal look like a crystal, that seems to be a problem with this model. The textures just aren't translating.

Last edited:
The suggestion to get a custom built model that doesn't resemble any famous sci-fi spaceships came from a filmmaker friend of mine in Texas. And, that seems to be a good suggestion. This party in the Philippines makes the most original models I have been able to find. And, by adding my own details, it should be even more original.

I was up late last night downloading, installing, and registering the Daz 3D package. So, I need to catch up with rest, since I am back with my day job. It may take a few nights before I give Daz 3D a shot with the model.

Last edited:
I saw a post on HitFilm's tech support section asking HitFilm to make Blender textured files importable in HitFilm. I tried it myself, seeing Blender gets the textures more accurate only to discover the Blender textures turn up invisible in HitFilm.

So, there is room for improvement with HitFilm and 3D editing.

I'm still confused as to why you can't do this 100% in Blender. There are lots of tutorials on texturing/UV Mapping (in Blender). It's really not that hard. It seems like adding another software to the workflow would only complicate things.

Back