• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Question about using Encore DVD.

I am using this particular program for the first time to make DVDs and blu rays. When I hit 'Check Project' it lists that some things are not complete before making the DVD and I have to tend to them. The things that are not finished are two things on the 'Chapter Playlist'.

'Orphaned Timeline' and 'End Action Not Set'. However, if I look at the Flowchart, it seems that the end action is set. The flowchart shows that on the menu, after you click 'Chapters', it will then go do the Chapter Menu, and after you hit any one of the chapters, the movie will then play to the end, and then after, go back to the Main Menu.

How is the end action not sent, and how is the timeline orphaned, if they have all been giving commands of where to go in the flowchart?

Thanks for the input :)

Click on the items in the checklist.
I'm not sure, because I don't make that many DVDs and when I do I hardly have something in the checklist, but clicking should bring you to the item that has a problem.
An orphaned timeline would not appear in your flowchart, because it isn't in the flow.

The orphaned timeline thing is to do with having a timeline (video) thats in Encore and not assigned to anything. You can 'ignore and continue' or find the timelines and delete. I have had this issue and that worked for myself.

I am not sure about the end action not set bit, it sounds like you have everything connected on the flow chart but without looking I couldn't tell really! (And possible couldn't help even if I could see it haha!)

Josh,

Okay thanks. I can skip the problem and just make the DVD no problem. However, when I went to preview how the DVD would look, there is a problem with the menu. The buttons in the menu for playing the movie, accessing the chapters, and accessing the outtakes, have a difference in how they look, which I did not intend. Basically when yo go to click the button, the highlight looks different in one of them compared to the others.

Here is a video, which shows the problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyBrFHQrde0&feature=youtu.be

Does anyone know what do about that, cause I have played around and cannot figure it out, nor can I find what the problem is online. Thanks for the input and help. It means a lot.

Okay thanks. I think I figured out what it might be. When I open the menu page in photoshop, where it was first created, photoshop lists the different layers. The three layers are 'chapters', 'play movie', and 'outtakes'. However, 'outtakes's is not recongized as text. It's recognized as more of a picture layer, where as photoshop identifies, the other two as text.

Okay I fixed that problem and photoshop now reads it as text. However, the titles still look like they are moved over a few pixels when highlighted. How can I move them back to where they were originally?

Last edited:
Back