• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

An Idea for a Horror Screenplay

After being influenced by some surreal horror shows/games, I thought up of this idea for a horror screenplay that I'd like to share. Let me know what you guys think.

Title: The Island (subject to change but the story does take place at an island)

Synopsis: After surviving a plane crash, a young man ends up on an isolated island in the Pacific Ocean, and tries to survive before encountering a middle-aged biologist who expresses his hospitality to the young man, but ultimately displays his dark, sadistic, and psychotic side.

This is what I would consider my logline. This story is meant to be a disturbing, surreal, and dark; it's a character study of a biologist who thinks he can play God, and alter the course of evolution by genetically splicing animals, and aims to splice the young man with one of his animal creations to "defy all boundaries of science." He was originally rejected by his fellow scientists in Europe, and set up a facility in the Pacific to use his own invention, which he calls a "splice gun."

Synopsis: After surviving a plane crash, a young man ends up on an isolated island in the Pacific Ocean, and tries to survive before encountering a middle-aged biologist who expresses his hospitality to the young man, but ultimately displays his dark, sadistic, and psychotic side.

This is more like a logline, though a little wordy. It's not the kind of movie that I'd watch, I'd say it has potential to those who do.

Back