I won!

Hey everyone,
My short film that I posted here recently, "Take A Look", which is about my hometown (St. Bernard Parish, La.) won second place last night at the Pelican D'Or Short Film Festival at Nunez Community College. I am extremely proud, and it was an incredible experience, seeing my film on the big screen, and knowing that it had a great amount of impact on people. If anyone would like to see this, here is the link to it:

http://www.vimeo.com/20338540

Congrats!!!!!!! There is always the feeling of satisfaction when you complete a project, but it is always that much sweeter when others recognize your work.

Hoorah!

winner.jpg

Thank you all. I wish I had pictures of what it was like in the theater when I got the award, I literally held it up in front of the whole audience as they cheered. I was beaming. The strange thing is, it almost didn't happen, because of some weird mishap that they had with handing out the actual trophies, so there was some confusion at first, but eventually it was all settled, and they gave it to me. There were a lot of impressive films there, people from all across the country came there. There was a group from Seattle and Portland that came there with their short film, and I think they won for fiction short, but there were also a lot of local filmmakers there too, including some from UNO (University of New Orleans) film school, and they did a great job too.

I plan on submitting this to the New Orleans Film Festival, they had their representatives there, and hopefully it will work out. I do plan on making more films, of course, maybe some longer pieces, including that high school football film I was thinking of doing later this year. I've thought about doing fiction, but non-fiction just seems to be more fascinating to me, people fascinate me and real events tend to do the same thing. Anyway, I'm extremely proud, and thankful for the recognition that this has achieved. I do have 2 pictures of my trophy that I will put up shortly. Again, thanks everyone for the kind words and congratulations. I really appreciate it.

It certainly is a confidence booster. I really feel a sense of validation of my talent and my abilities, and I really feel proud of the hard work I put into this film, and the fact that so many people were impacted in a positive way by it. It was an amazing experience to watch it on the big screen, and hopefully this will only be the beginning of great things to come...

Back