• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Screenplay needed for Civil War movie

I am just desperate here! I cannot write a good screenplay to save my life!! Therefore I am looking for someone who can write a screenplay for a period drama set in the American Civil War. It should have at least one battle scene. This is for my first film so it can't be too long. I know I sound crazy and possibly naive but again, I need help. We will discuss pricing later. It all depends on what I can possibly afford. Thank you.

Professional Credited Produced Feature Film Screenwriter responds

I am just desperate here! I cannot write a good screenplay to save my life!! Therefore I am looking for someone who can write a screenplay for a period drama set in the American Civil War. It should have at least one battle scene. This is for my first film so it can't be too long. I know I sound crazy and possibly naive but again, I need help. We will discuss pricing later. It all depends on what I can possibly afford. Thank you.

Hello,
I am a twice-produced, award-winning feature screenwriter who specializes in taking period piece ideas, material, treatments, screenplay drafts etc. and converting or polishing them into compelling, produceable shooting scripts. I have been hired to write feature-length screenplays for twelve different production companies.

I have two produced features (one of them award-winning) two in preproduction, and three other scripts currently optioned.

Information on my historical period pieces for hire follows in my bio and credits. Kindly let me know more about your project and the payment details and let’s see if we might work together.

Cheers,

Richard A. Lasser
310 990 5941
http://imdb.com/name/nm1103773/

Produced Feature Films:

1. 'The Chosen Few', psychological thriller, produced by I VU Pictures. Writer and Co-Producer

2. “The Counting House”, psychological horror, produced by RAI Cinema, Italy.

In Production
"The Tricks of a Woman" www.mutressamovies.com, shooting now.

In Pre-Production

1. Zoetrope Productions has acquired my script 'Made in France', a coming-of-age period piece written for Garbo Productions. They are in development for a spring shoot in Paris.

2. Hired to write the period piece, action adventure film, “Pearl of the Orient” by Mulder/Tongco Entertainment www.thepearloftheorientmovie.com Shooting in August.
3. Hired to write “Ivan and Maria”, a period piece drama about the life of Ivan, the Terrible. www.sindikaproductions.com

Past Work for Hire Projects

1. Hired to write "Happy New Year", a biopic action thriller by Garbo Productions. A period piece

2. Hired to write "Stepping Out to Vancouver" a buddy road movie, by Blue Moose Productions

3. Hired to write the thriller, 'Time Bomb' by KS Productions.

Scripts Currently Optioned:

1. “Jacking Katherine”, optioned by Q-Station Films

2. “Do No Harm”, optioned by Zephuros One Productions

3. “The Cellist”, optioned by Great Falls Moving Pictures

Awards:

1. “The Chosen Few” Award of Excellence-Feature Category, Berkeley Film Festival, 2002; Official Selection Vancouver Island Film Festival, 2002

2. Chesterfield Writers Awards – Semi-Finalist

3. New Century Writers Awards – Finalist for “Young Love”

4. IFP No Borders Market, 2006 for “Bedroom City”

Past Projects

1. Hired to write the fantasy thriller, “Sky” by Morgan Street Productions

2. Hired to write the action/thriller period piece, 'Treasure' by an independent producer.

3. Hired to write the biopic drama, “Bucking Broncos” by PK Productions.

Published Books

Chronicle Books published two of his books and he contributed to The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Food and Wine, Longevity, and a host of other publications.

Education and Training, Background:

1. Graduate of Robert McKee's Story Structure Class and John Truby's Blockbuster Class.

2. Bachelor's degree at the University of Virginia with a double major in English Honors and Russian and did postgraduate work at UCLA.

Other recognition:

1. Served as a judge in the American Screenwriting Awards.

2. Often invited to appear onstage at venues around the country by the Independent Feature Project to help new screenwriters learn the ropes.

Richard, your credit list is a reminder that although I have come so far I still have a very long road ahead of me. :)

Welcome, indeed.

Hi, are you still looking for a script? I have written a story related to the American Civil War period. Could you tell me more about yourself and what you're looking for, and I'll tell you more about my story. I'm a new writer, unpublished, and writing is not job, do it just for fun on the side. Write me at davidweng55@aol.com and lets see if we can be a match. David

Back