[Aug 27] What are you working on this week?

Submitted to another film festival. Working on a Blu-ray version of the film with extras.

I heard back from one film festival stating that right now my film is marked as "In Consideration" and told me to make sure certain email addresses don't end up in my spam folder and a PDF was sent as to what they will need to start promoting my film on social media and the Internet starting next month as well as what's needed for a screening at the film festival.

That sounds promising and I will take it as an unofficial acceptance until I hear otherwise.

I'm starting down the path of creating some sci-fi spaceship models for a film. Real materials, not CG. Came across this site reading a thread from started by "Modern Day Myth Prod. LLC".

So this week I joined. I don't expect to have a model complete until 1st quarter of next year, but plenty to learn in the meantime.

Submitted to another film festival. Working on a Blu-ray version of the film with extras.

I heard back from one film festival stating that right now my film is marked as "In Consideration" and told me to make sure certain email addresses don't end up in my spam folder and a PDF was sent as to what they will need to start promoting my film on social media and the Internet starting next month as well as what's needed for a screening at the film festival.

That sounds promising and I will take it as an unofficial acceptance until I hear otherwise.

So a festival asked you to start promoting them soon but they didn't tell you you were selected? Sorry that's fishy as all hell.

I'm starting down the path of creating some sci-fi spaceship models for a film. Real materials, not CG. Came across this site reading a thread from started by "Modern Day Myth Prod. LLC".

So this week I joined. I don't expect to have a model complete until 1st quarter of next year, but plenty to learn in the meantime.

:welcome:

So a festival asked you to start promoting them soon but they didn't tell you you were selected? Sorry that's fishy as all hell.

You misunderstand. They're not asking me to promote them, they're asking me for promotional material for my film like a movie poster, action photos from my film, all of my social network links. That's legit.

Thanks Ethan. And, thanks for the following on FB.

It still sounds weird to me. I've never heard this from ANY festival. It's almost like they are on the fence. Weird. You either get selected or you don't and you are instructed after. Sounds like they may not know what they are doing.

"Get your suit pressed because you might have the job." It's weird man, for a festival.

It still sounds weird to me. I've never heard this from ANY festival. It's almost like they are on the fence. Weird. You either get selected or you don't and you are instructed after. Sounds like they may not know what they are doing.

The materials they are asking for is for my promotion with them. It’s stuff I will need anyway to promote my film. I am working on special edition Blu-ray Discs for festivals that are single press button, which is something the other four festivals are asking for because if they are going to screen the film at a festival on a big screen, an Internet copy will look crappy. I have some action shots already on my website for the film. That’s part of promoting it.

I never heard from a fest until I knew if I was accepted or not, period, unless I asked a question.

Wish you luck!

Thanks IT.

I am supposed to know by October 7 if it will be in a local festival this November. I entered it in the local one on reflex. Then, afterwards, asked myself what was I thinking? My small film doesn’t stand a chance against studio productions. But, if it even gets a screening, that would be good exposure. For the most part, I am submitting to small festivals because I think it stands a better chance of getting somewhere with small festivals.

Flights booked to Bangkok for the International Thai Film Festival, where my film will be screening. They've revealed the full list now and I can't wait to see so many amazing looking films.

The special cast and fan Tokyo screening was announced and subsequently sold out, which is amazing. So I've ordered custom postcards for the public who are coming. This week I've also been burning a hell of a lot of Blu-Ray's and making packages for my cast to give them at the screening.

"Under consideration" = 'we recieved the movie and will watch it'.

I just finished a project too late, because the client was too late with sending me the files I needed.
Last weekend I participated in 48 Hour Film Project in Rotterdam.
So, this week is also dedicated to sleep. :P

Flights booked to Bangkok for the International Thai Film Festival, where my film will be screening. They've revealed the full list now and I can't wait to see so many amazing looking films.

The special cast and fan Tokyo screening was announced and subsequently sold out, which is amazing. So I've ordered custom postcards for the public who are coming. This week I've also been burning a hell of a lot of Blu-Ray's and making packages for my cast to give them at the screening.

Awesome!

Back