• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Make My Day - A romance for all the film lovers around

Good: Cute simple story, relatable, doable, cool location, I liked the shot selection. And again, simple. I love simplicity in short films. Great music, very fitting.
Bad: Pacing was too slow except for the moment at 1:40 (that falls under the "good" category). I also did not care enough about the guy when the woman stopped responding, he didn't seem disappointed or react in a way in which made me sympathize more. Finally, the last action where they turn toward each other was too drawn out and a bit cheesy for me.
Ugly: Color it, and make sure each shot matches, there were a few that seemed darker or lighter. It looked unspectacular when it could've looked better. Find something that matches the tone.
Overall, good work! The good thing is that almost everything I thought didn't work can easily be fixed by another editing sesh. Or ignore my, those are just my opinions!
3/5 nicely done!

Thanks for the feedback Sam.

Yeah, I got this pacing feedback from a few people. Maybe I'll give myself a few days without looking at it and then watch it again with more objective eyes. Unfortunately it is impossible to shorten the last shot, which I think drags on by a few moments in the middle.

And I agree with you on the color. This has been colored after the edit but now when I look at it it still seems gray. Guess it looked colorful when comparing to the cinestyle footage so I didn't push far enough.

No problem! I'd love to see another edit if you get around to it.

Maybe you could cut as soon as she parks her bike? Then it would avoid dragging. Maybe do a slow fadeout to give it that ellipsis feel? Just a few thoughts of mine

good luck!

Back