• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch "GODZILLA vs BP"

"Godzilla vs BP" is both a parody of Japanese monster movies, and a sharp critique of the Deepwater Horizon disaster. The film is edited from appropriated and altered footage from movies, TV, and web video, and pushes the boundaries of Fair Use in order to make its political and comedic points.

But don't let all this hifalutin talk scare you away from some good old-fashioned entertainment!

If you enjoy it, please hit that YouTube Like button as it promotes the video. Also, if anybody here is a member of Shooting People, please vote for it there -- it needs votes to be considered for Film of the Month.

Much appreciated!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH_lLWIWlg0

Last edited:
Go on, CamVader, tell me more. :blush:

But thanks. More on the way!

Cynicism is the inevitable result of watching the news, no?

:):lol: I firmly believe there is positive cynicism. Being able to draw parallels, as you did in this short, between fiction and reality (with an element of reality living in fiction) is awesome. I hope there was no offense taken.

:)I hope there was no offense taken.

None at all. I just meant that it's easy to be cynical when you're aware of current events!

BP's actions regarding the spill were all-too predictable; constant promises they would fix the situation during the crisis, followed by increasing denials of liability, followed by full-on lawsuits against the other companies involved in order to spread and/or deflect blame. These people are evil, conscience-free scum.

Cynical, me? Nothing a giant, rampaging monster can't fix.

Back