• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Script Needed!!!

I am a student filmmaker at West Virginia University. I usually make videos for contests, but planning to make short films for film festivals. My first priority is to make a short gangster themed video(5-7mins).

It would revolve around a gangster(african american) showing glimpses of his childhood and his current dominance.
Is anyone interested in writing a script like that or have one already written, let me know or contact me at rakeshdevineni123@gmail.com

Cannot pay for the script right away, but if we do win, then something can be figured out.

Last edited:
Why dont you write it your self. It would only need to be 10 pages long. You could do that in one day. If your directing it yourself then It doesnt need to be very professional as long as you make the film look good.

Why dont you write it your self. It would only need to be 10 pages long. You could do that in one day. If your directing it yourself then It doesnt need to be very professional as long as you make the film look good.

I wrote and directed the first two videos. They ranged from 30secs to a minute. But this one would be longer, for about 3-6minutes. Moreover, the dialogues along with the presentation is going to carry weight in this one. That is the reason I want someone capable to write the script than myself(it would be mediocre if I write it). Moreover I would plan on sending it to festivals.

or team up with a friend from university

I tried asking a professor in screenwriting about it but he is a little busy. All my friends in the university aren't into filmmaking which pretty much makes me a loner. I borrow equipment from a freelancer by helping him shoot games.

Back