• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

how can I write this kind of transition?

I believe you know this kind of scene. A person, an object (e.g. a car) or even the character’s move itself is the transition to the next scene. But how do you write one like this?

Nice one :lol:. I've burned my eyes for searching any kind of CUT but never that!
Btw these days screenwriters use allmost no cuts and for sure no weird cuts at all. Leave it for the director.

I don't see anything unusual there.

It simply cuts from the bathroom to the exterior of the WearHaus.

Right around 00:52 a shilouette of the actor is composited to hide a wipe transition.

Future_Screen, you’re putting the cart well in front of the horse. These are editorial decisions, not screenwriting decisions. And you keep seeking methods for writing things that aren’t typically in the screenplay.

Focus on story. Focus on dialog. Get a solid screenplay. Once you have a compelling story with interesting characters and believable dialog, and have moved into pre-production storyboarding, you can tackle things like this. There may be other decisions that happen in post-production. Write for the actors, not for the editor. Let the director figure out the other stuff.

Back