Tell Me Why You Hate My YouTube Channel!

I would love some feedback/critique on my youtube channel for my web series... I'm so close to the material that it's hard to tell if I'm presenting it in a way that makes any sense/ is compelling from a marketing point of view.

Part of my concern is that it's slightly "higher concept" -- Tricentennial is an anthology show where I put up lots of different types of videos from short character vlogs to (eventually) longer multi-episode arcs. It's also a science fiction universe where 2076 looks just a little bit too much like 1976. And there are aliens? :abduct:

Anyway, if anyone has any thoughts on their first impressions of my channel vis-a-vis "selling it", I'd be deeply appreciative!

https://www.youtube.com/user/tricentv

:cool:

I would love some feedback/critique on my youtube channel for my web series... I'm so close to the material that it's hard to tell if I'm presenting it in a way that makes any sense/ is compelling from a marketing point of view.

Happy to contribute from a 'technical' perspective. Not going to comment on style etc... as many people like different things.

The first issue is the quality of the visuals. Need to work heavily on camerawork, shot composition etc... If I were to see this, I would just think of it as some amateur who is just trying to see what they can do rather than a concrete idea.

Secondly, don't know what you're doing with it in post but instead of putting a couple of effects over the top, it needs to be worked. There are a million different ways to make something look amazing in post and you're using none of them.

Thirdly, the sound needs work. You need to get someone who knows what they're doing as the first time I hear it, it screams 'amateur' and in this case, means I'm not going to pay it any attention.

But hey, what do I know? Just a guy on a forum.

Last edited:
Hi Gorilla, thanks for the feedback on production values! If you don't mind my asking, was the video you watched the "unsubscribe" channel trailer or a couple different videos? I only ask because I'm working on strategizing presentation/ what to keep on or take off etc.

Thanks again! :)

Hi Gorilla, thanks for the feedback on production values! If you don't mind my asking, was the video you watched the "unsubscribe" channel trailer or a couple different videos? I only ask because I'm working on strategizing presentation/ what to keep on or take off etc.

Thanks again! :)

The trailer and one of the other vids (Satellite's Gone). Satellite's Gone was better than the trailer in terms of cinematography and sound.

Cool, I've been planning on replacing the trailer once a "season 1" mini-arc I'm working on gets underway but maybe I'll go ahead and put up a different temporary one sooner...

And never enough darude sandstorm ;)

Back