2 cams, one monitor

Hey you guys,

First time posting here so Im kind of excited. For all intents and purposes, im a fair noob with a so-so acquaintance to equipment, so here's hoping this isnt excessively dumb of a question.

I have a Lilliput FA1011, and Im going to end up using either Canon 60d or 7d for a feature I'm currently in development for for next year. I'm going to be using 2 cameras, and i know you can A/B cameras on field monitors or even split screen them. I just dont quite know how, or if my cheap field monitor can manage to.

So I guess the question is, could I use my field monitor to observe two cameras, preferably in split but a/b works too. if not right outta the box, are there any accesories that might let me. If neither, is there a monitor I might be able to look at that does? Looking for something in the under 300 range, cuz I dont have too excessive a budget I can allocate there.

Thanks for all your help!

You could easily A/B them, just plug each camera into a different input - I believe to FA1011 has HDMI and DVI, so you could pick up a $10 adapter and plug your B cam into the DVI, and then just switch between inputs.

PIP or side-by-side depends on whether your monitor supprots it. On big sets, generally you have a large monitor for each camera at a Video Village station.

Back