$100,000.00 Question

If you had 100k in the bank and no bills, what would you do with the money? Just to clarify, you have no mortgage, aren't homeless, have new cars that are paid off, and have no debts other than monthly utilities and such. You don't have to say anything film related, but you don't need to avoid it either.

Quitting my day job will be the best moment in my life. Then sink a bit of cash into upgrading the studio. Then, the real work begins...(or rather continues, with one less major distraction)

Being in that situation wouldn't exactly change my life that much. You still have living expenses like food, utilities, rates etc. It'd just mean I'd have a little more time to get to my goals.

1) Buy a car for about $30-35k

Invest around $5-10k

Put about $25-30k in savings.

Put rest into checking account before I plan what to buy. Will end up going mostly on every day things like groceries, food, gas, etc. but I might splurge and buy a couple nice lenses, a new camera, and related accessories.

Do I have no mortgage and a house? If not, I'd probably have to get one with it. If I already had a house, hmmmm. I'd like to say I'd make a film with it. But I'm too hard up for money. I'd probably spend it on "more realistic" things.

Last edited:
I'd shoot a feature by bringing in a hot B-list actress for a two-day shoot (that I bribed with a suitcase full of $40,000 cash). Then use no-name, no-pay actors to match parts previously shot with the B-lister. It's all about illusions people. No one has to know the no-names and B-list were never on the set at the same time. I'll just keep shooting and editing until it works.

I'd put $70k in a high interest savings account. I'd probably spend ~$5kish on new pieces of equipment I'd like, maybe take $3k out of that 70 and buy a Blackmagic camera for fun.

I'd probably spend $20k making a nice short film.

10 to 20k investement in equipment and marketing for my career. Assuming I'd won it, 1/2 of the rest for my mum and sister and what's left in savings. If I'd worked on it I probably wouldn't have to worry because I'd have a good job already. lol

For the purposes of this discussion you have a house and no mortgage. You have two cars more than you need and they are all paid off and in proper working order.

Liquored up hoes!
A lotovem!

hoes.jpg

i would buy 2 epic reds, and a bunch of equipment. Possibly even a warehouse to make my large filming studio.

Wait, nvmd, all my money was spent on only two epic reds. :(

Back