• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch What do you think of the latest music vid?

I'm talking about enjoying the lack of compromise in vision/ideas.

Me too.
I had to totally rewrite this film that I gained 80lbs for because my camera guy wasn't comfortable with american pie style sex comedy jokes.

I'm mostly with you on this. Sure, I'll move stuff around and compromise but I want to create something amazing, not just 'I look fat in this shot, I'm paying you, change it.'

I'm on her side on this one.. looking fat in a shot if you're any kind of celebrity you're just asking for someone to screen shot that and then pass it around making you look fat for eternity.

it's your responsibility to make sure she looks good in the shots and pick the right angles, pose her, etc.
Maybe you're frustrated because you still need more experience working with women like that.

Hope you don't mind me asking, but If she has strong feelings about looking a certain way, why have her in an outfit and poses that might make her feel uncomfortable? I'm not being snide here, I would be interested to know if it was her idea or if she agreed to it but then had second thoughts. I've done videos where I've written something that was agreed at first, I hammer home that we can change it at the writing stage, then a doubt has crept in and we change it.

Hope you don't mind me asking, but If she has strong feelings about looking a certain way, why have her in an outfit and poses that might make her feel uncomfortable? I'm not being snide here, I would be interested to know if it was her idea or if she agreed to it but then had second thoughts. I've done videos where I've written something that was agreed at first, I hammer home that we can change it at the writing stage, then a doubt has crept in and we change it.

Why do you assume any of this was my idea?

She chose the outfit, the poses she was comfortable with etc... She even had some test footage etc...

Fact is, I used the DFA technique in the edit which was the real test.

Why do you assume any of this was my idea?

She chose the outfit, the poses she was comfortable with etc... She even had some test footage etc...

Fact is, I used the DFA technique in the edit which was the real test.

I didn't assume. I said I'd be interested to know if it was her idea. If it came across like that I apologise.

When I do music videos its always my idea pitched to the artist then we tweak and reform together.

'Direct fluorescent antibody'?

;)

Back