• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

The $1 kickstarter footage library

Theres my Dollar.

The written pitch could use some work. I don't believe the opening quote to be necessary. Be it we only hear you in the video. The first paragraph of the written pitch is the perfect opportunity to introduce yourself, your team and your intentions.

Also, clarification, perhaps with graphics, would go a long, long way. As there was some slight confusion with the prices/perks. It would be a good idea to illustrate them as best you can.

Check out this link and the graphic they used.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...tterman-kickstarter-for-an-oscar-and?ref=live

Remember, not everybody knows of KICKSTARTER, they're lead to the site from Facebook, Twitter. You have to cater to everybody.

It's looking good. I'll be pushing it through Twitter over the length of your campaign.

Also, I run the "Indietalk Help/Sharing thread".

Drop me a PM with your best brief, and I'll put it up.

Best of luck.

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it.

Good to know there's people out there that support this.

Special thanks to paper for autoposting this on a sticky thread, and getting it out on twitter.

Speaking of, I'm not someone that's spent a lot of time on social networking, yet I hear it's crucial to the kickstarter process. Can anyone give me pointers on how to effectively approach facebook or twitter with a promotion such as this?

So far, just glancing at it, the video placeholder image may not live up to the standard you want to bring to your stock footage?

Maybe try replacing it unless it's perfectly fine with you!

Papertwin hit the other stuff.

I'll elaborate as much as I can in a "Promotion Thread". Apologies in advance, IT.

There's a fine line between "spamming" and "acceptable" when sharing your campaign on social media sites.

• Find out when your "audience" is online.
  • Tweet appropriately. Keep it FRESH. Something new everytime.
  • PICK YOUR TIMES (according to when your audience are most frequent)
  • Learn how to properly structure a tweet. It may only be 140 characters, but there's a method.

Check out these guys below for some GREAT tips.

http://twitter.com/#!/AskAaronLee
http://twitter.com/#!/LeoWid

Having already established your audience- yours being the entire film-making Universe- it's something that film-makers WILL share with their friends. However, you have to identify some KEY players who will be able to share this campaign on a mass scale. (It then becomes a domino effect of sharing)

Find some BIG bloggers. Pitch it to them. Let them know what a revelation it is. This is a huge step for Independent film-makers to have 5K quality image in their work.

Find some smaller bloggers, the podcasters etc. Their audience is your audience, and that's who you need to indentify with.

This is a very sharable outlet for filmmakers.

Best of luck. Drop me a PM if you need anything else.

This project looks fantastic. And I know it will be a success because it's riddled with good karma. As Deepak Chopra would say, (paraphrasing) "if you want to have something, help someone else get it."

I'll be donating as soon as I get paid for last month. And I just shared it on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. I think this is such an incredibly valuable resource, and I love the fact that footage will actually be affordable.

As an aside, one thing you might consider for future libraries is creating footage aimed at people creating book trailers. I know a ton of indie authors who want to create book trailers but can't afford to spend hundreds of dollars on stock footage (so they end up using still images with really cheesy effects).

Thanks to Dready and Cameron,

Also, I'd like to announce that anyone from indietalk that refers people to our kickstarter page can get equal download credits to anyone they bring in. So if you get someone to buy the whole 1000 clip library, you get all 1000 clips free. Same for 5 bucks, referrer gets 5 clips free.

Fine print: all coupons and rewards contingent on completion of campaign

Might be a good chance to get 10k worth of footage (at average list price) for nothing, if you have a lot of friends!

Indietalk only!

Thanks Paul,

We've been having a pretty rough time getting this thing rolling. We're almost half way into the timeline, and have just now reached 1% of our goal.

People seem to like the project, the presentation, everything. And it's not unsaleable either, people are coming in and donating $100 at a time. (thanks again Paul, you're one of them) so I know that in front of the right audience, this is a winner.

It's just very difficult to know what to do. Most of the people that could really help me have blocked off all incoming communication as far as I can tell. Twitter is turning over zero results, with well over a hundred filmmaker followers and no donations yet. My partner was in charge of the Facebook side, here's what that looks like 16 days into the Campaign. (link missing, can't even find our blank page with an exact google search)

We just need 300 people to donate $100. That's less than the cost of a single clip of stock footage at most sites, and we let you hand pick 100 clips for that. I'm definitely wondering why this deal is getting so little attention.

Last edited:
Back