Amazon Video Direct free VS iTunes $1,000

In the past if you wanted to sell your movie on demand as a digital download you had to pay about $1,000 to get it distributed on iTunes. Now that Amazon launched their video direct service, who in their right mind would pay $1,000? Seems like a game changer. Glad I never caved in to paying $1,000 for the "privilege" of getting my movie on iTunes.

In the past if you wanted to sell your movie on demand as a digital download you had to pay about $1,000 to get it distributed on iTunes. Now that Amazon launched their video direct service, who in their right mind would pay $1,000? Seems like a game changer. Glad I never caved in to paying $1,000 for the "privilege" of getting my movie on iTunes.

I would have my film on as many platforms as possible in order to expand my audience, there will be people on amazon that arent on itunes and vice versa, I prefer Itunes layout and format vs amazon video

I wouldn't call it a"privilege." iTunes has a business model. Amazon has a different business model. The movies on iTunes must have a certain level of production value while the movies on Amazon can have a much lower one. My perception is that Apple only sells the best in hardware and software. To allow movies that don't meet a high technical standard would hurt their image.

A 1,000 dollars isn't that much even in the indie filmmaking world. If you believe you can recoup that investment, you shouldn't ignore the iTunes marketplace.

DISTRIBUTION QUESTION

Hey guys, we are making a feature film, based on an existing web-series entitle PETROL. And we already have a rather small fan base, who like watching our show, we're looking to turn it into a feature, but wanna get some info on distribution in north america our film will essentially be an action drama in fact you can chekc out a sample of an episode right here, its a quick one. which distribution company would you recommend we go with, adn how wwould we approach them,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eomKpqr--SM

Last edited:
Hey guys, we are making a feature film, based on an existing web-series entitle PETROL. And we already have a rather small fan base, who like watching our show, we're looking to turn it into a feature, but wanna get some info on distribution in north america our film will essentially be an action drama in fact you can chekc out a sample of an episode right here, its a quick one. which distribution company would you recommend we go with, adn how wwould we approach them,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eomKpqr--SM
In case you haven't noticed, Blockbuster and Hollywood video stores are pretty much gone and Best Buy only carries the hits. You're looking at Internet distribution, which means you DON'T NEED a traditional distributor. Personally I wouldn't even bother printing DVD's. I'd go 100% digital through Amazon Video Direct and YouTube, which if you have 1,000 subscribers you can sell videos. So get busy building a YouTube account with 1,000 subscribers.

Back